I appreciate you providing your knowledge of these matters.
Intersting. Do the TV audio channels overlap? It may be differences between North American, European and Japanese AM and/or FM frequencies was...
Would the TV band receive TV audio in North America? The frequency assignments may be different. HS-J9's with TV reception don't.
I don't have that sort of equipment. I got the screw out, the plastic gear off, and the tuner freed and loosened up. Installed it in the J9 I'm...
About the slide switch next to the tuner. I've found spraying such switches with cleaner/lubricant is inadequate. This leaves too much tarnish...
Fixing things sometimes involves trying to loosen screws that won't turn. This is a method that works as long as you can access the sides of the...
[ATTACH]
An interesting 1986(?) Aiwa, similar to the J09, but without an equalizer or recording, but it receives UHF and VHF in addition to TV audio....
Both J9's have arrived. The silver one from China took 10 weeks for delivery. Its Goofish purchase and delivery to Superbuy went fine. Air...
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/127917063512 Not mine. It seems to be missing the original headphones and microphone. The seller claims it fully works,...
Next project, turning two Aiwa J9's into one good one. The photos are from the sellers' ads. Obviously the blue one is thoroughly corroded. I...
No, the material I meant is clear plastic, like a soda or pop bottle. Only flatter. Shaped like the picture you posted. None of the players I...
For the solid washer, use clear plastic food packaging, sometimes called clamshell. Or even a clear plastic juice bottle. Try to match the...
If it is black and flexible, it probably was split and engaged with a groove on the shaft to act as a retaining washer. If it was rigid and some...
Though these players have a few 2uF capacitors, they are surface mount and I'm reluctant to do the soldering it would take to use them in this...
Thanks for the valuable guidance. Can you tell me what specification capacitor to use and where to attach it?
I've worked on about 15 J9/09/600, and none of them needed any capacitors. I don't have an oscilloscope. I've tried checking voltages, with no...
Save that kind of thinking until you're at least in your mid '70's.
This Aiwa HS-J9 suffered corrosion damage near the battery compartment and into the tuner. I've gotten the tape drive to work, mainly by...
Never saw that movie. Of the earphones I've bought, only one needed significant cleaning. Installing new foam pads pretty well sanitizes them.
Separate names with a comma.