Nice to read the boombox guru's quickly identified it! Best of luck in finding another one in great condition! :thumbsup: Why do you want to get...
Wow that Sennheiser "thing" looks very interesting.
Realistic SCR-8 Boombox... quick Google turns up the goods... e-bay has 3 of em' up for sale right now... the one for $72US seems to have nothing...
I ordered 4 used TDK AR-X tapes from ebay last year. Turns out they had recording only on side A... and in mono. They were also CBC reporter...
That's actually not a bad looking unit. Probably sounds better than a ton of other junk thanks to those top firing speakers. And I always rate...
FSOL in another I forgot. Some of the trance of that era are interesting and well done. One such amusing one is Mediocre Affiliate from around...
There were others on head-fi.org about 15 to 25 years ago who really liked the D-555's unique Surround effect.And lamented their inability to find...
Old FM radio broadcast tapes... yeah before the "loudness wars". When they increased the mastering volume to the max and everything sounds...
Think I get what you are saying. I stumbled upon various 24bit 96khz "vinyl rips" of a few old electronic ambients like 1976 Klaus Schulze...
Yeah but Mr.X it would be cool to set up a little store if ya won the Lotto :biggrin: That's probably the only way such enthusiast niche stores...
Oooh that blurry name is almost within reach... I'm not that good with image processing... but I bet others could tease out a letter or two? This...
Finding old boomboxes from ones youth is a special and honorable quest :nodding: Amazing results from all the hard work! Now that you have better...
Nothing ever happened, no interest, so I kept it. Should change this thread title...
I actually had one of these. It's a D-141 with ESP basically. Gave it away over a decade ago.
Top cassette... and front cassette! Never seen that before. And you have it preserved in quite good condition. Not destroyed. Gotta respect some...
That's cool. Yeah... collectors thing for sure. Just not my cup of tea as they say... And I read about the convoluted and sad Sinclair company...
Looks somewhat reminiscent of the Sony CF-550 of the 1970's. An inspired by almost "clone"? Certainly interesting!
Longman: That sounded a fun outing and some good pictures. I wonder how many of those old radios actually got sold that day? I agree on the...
The Dorm Dumpster Diving sounds great, what was the best thing you guys found? As for these craptacular radio's, I would hate to have only one of...
I just now see this comment... over a year later :D Well best to add your comment on the D-35 repair work page of mine that you were reading. I...
Separate names with a comma.