Someone was throwing out their old expired emergency kit (from a workplace?). Lots of dried up old wipes and plastic whistles and super cheap...
These higher end audio recorders like LS-11 were not meant to be DAP's... but they turn out to be better in my opinion. They can take all types of...
Cool ending :thumbsup: :nodding:
I remember reading (in my searching for CF-550 info) that they (Beatles) had the Sony CF-550. As well as some other well known musicians of the...
Great work Mr.X, you start up neat threads and bring new content to this forum, a lot of work! :thumbsup:
To repair the laser focus coil or inspect it to determine the root cause... this is all in Master Kaosun's specialty area. If cost is a concern...
Wasn't the BBDB on a CD or two? Someone had the CD but the data was locked with a password if I recall? There has got to be focus on trying to...
Yes, this is some good boombox archaeology, I like it, those old newspaper "clippings" from old archives are just great! Look at those prices and...
I am trying to see this bracket... flywheel with capstan and a spring...
Yes. Tape can sound better than digital playback when the digital device is compressed and or has poor dac / amp and so on. I have done a few...
First time I have seen the case cover for this model Sony CF-1990 (CF-490 / CF-495). Have a pristine zero damage case cover for my CF-1980...
Feeling lucky now that my old 70's boxes all had good strong FM reception... Maybe it's more of an 80's boombox issue related to different (corner...
The auto repeat and auto rewind always get stuck because of the hardened orange grease. I cover that in my write up.
Unliked designs yup... almost as nasty as that new WeAreRewind boombox. But at a tiny fraction of the cost. For old non-audiophile geezers who...
Awesome :thumbsup: I really like mine. Read about repairs and see inside details here in this long thread: Sony CF-1990 JDM aka CF-490S or...
I say they can't have been like that from the factory. I'm thinking maybe oxidation where the telescoping antenna's brass base post is in a press...
Soft touch buttons means a solenoid does the work for your lazy finger. So there is a lot to go wrong. Get a can of DeOxit if you don't already...
In that case there is nothing much left to restore :scratch2:
True, it was by Fedex that I got those 3 boxes sent up from Cassette2go in Texas, not too bad a price. But those old Mono boxes were "really worth...
[ATTACH] Yeah this forum needs the classic old school popcorn icon!
Separate names with a comma.