Great idea! Unable to contribute anything myself though as I too am "new" and did not have any boombox back then. Let alone a picture. I wonder...
If you go to the Discogs site you will find hundreds of cassette tapes of The Dark Side of The Moon for sale. Well, 267 total, with 64 in USA...
I guess someone won a D-311? So Sony was looking for the lowest serial D-5 to see who jumped and bought one first. But what is not clear is if...
If you compare an FM station on the 550 to another stereo radio / boombox there should be a difference due to the "Stereo Matrix sound". I used...
I like reading about these detailed diagnostic "chases" of strange problems / mysteries !
That is glue. To hold the big components down like Longman said. I have come across identical brown glue like that around big capacitors in the...
Nice link and some good videos there to help people out.
And don't forget that members here have a lot of great boomboxes to sell. When you research a few models you might want... post a thread here...
What a surprise! Someone already did a rebuild. Hope the issue can be found and repaired! Good luck!
Yes I left all cables alone. The cassette board opens like a page with the cables as the hinge. Then prop up with a stick. Make sure to get the...
I see what you did there :bigthumbsup: Good idea. (Now you need to make, selling in kit form, a similar model for the Sony WM-D6 / D6C.)
Runs fast eh? :frown: *Mutters something inaudible... avoids eye contact and starts walking away...* But seriously, yes, it sounds like the...
"And so it was that another disciple of the cassette tape had awoken and joined their ranks... the sky boiled angrily and there was much...
Clean everything first, lots of cotton swabs "Q-tips" and alcohol, sure, copper telephone wire will work. Pictures are always good :thumbsup:
I confess to having purchased most of my capacitors from large highly ranked long-time e-bay vendors. Located in Korea and Taiwan and even China...
I was about to buy the D-NE830 once precisely because it does have a good minimalist design that I like. New good quality gumstick battery are...
I'm glad I got the CF-550 sounding great again though :thumbsup: (and the CF-490 (CF-1990 in Japan) and CF-480 (CF-1980 in Japan) and CF-470 and...
Yeah it's shocking "the state" just throws everything out without checking or putting it up up for auction or having a "Council Thrift" store...
It's a nice compact style / look and that is why I tracked one down a couple of years ago :thumbsup: Deoxit and enjoy! FM radio at close...
Interesting problem. I would suspect Master Kaosun is one of the few who would understand this problem and solve it in a flash. Posting this...
Separate names with a comma.