Update: The 2.2uf 50v tweeter capacitors arrived. Have some pictures but server error prevents placing them here (at any size). When forum accepts...
Nice update report :thumbsup: Lucky you had the old M70 tweeters just sat there to use. But what if you didn't have them? What new off the shelf...
Good question... some say the Sony CF-550. Maybe. Read this old discussion: What was the first one piece stereo boombox?
I was very curious what happened to his collection of expensive audio gear... all taken away / stolen by the social workers or Council people?...
And what does it say on the capacitor itself? What brand? Curious that's all. It has to be an off brand junk, not Nichicon, Elna, Rubycon etc.,
That's a great story! These "find my old boombox" mystery quests are good fun :thumbsup: Best of luck (I struggled to find the model of an old...
The quest never ends... Boombox Mania Continues!
I Googled the Panasonic RX-C50 to see what it looks like. 1980's box and bad caps already? They must have used a really bad low quality brand or...
I suspect the silver one was a later iteration with this change. Maybe an extra little upgrade while they were at it.
Interesting possibilities and some potential there. I don't know how much, or if at all, the speakers were carefully matched to the amp in these...
Sanyo MR-G380 that's an interesting one... huh. Looks like the main speaker has some kind of central "thing" like the Coaxial speaker on the Sanyo...
The white pulley can be squeezed out of the way, FF or Play, can't remember which, allows more movement, just enough to sneak the flywheel out. I...
CF-1980 MKII was one of the top 5 boomboxes? That's interesting and not too unexpected for me because I knew it was a wildly popular Mono-box with...
It will be a while before I open up this CF-480 again - waiting on 2.2uf tweeter capacitor. Will try to post video of FF and RW. But there is not...
Sony CF-480 (1976 according to Radio Museum page). I would never have got this from e-bay if I had known a CF-1990 (CF-490 outside Japan) was soon...
Sony WM-D6C service manual https://www.manualslib.com/download/1269374/Sony-Wm-D6c.html This site has some good overview also...
The Sony CF-480 I got from e-bay a month or so ago is in very good condition. The cassette mechanism works, FF and RW turn but weak, does not...
I have yet to even start work on my Sony CF-480... So, like the CF-1990 (CF-490), the CF-480 shares similar cassette mechanism with the orange /...
Just go onto e-bay and buy a 3khz test tape. There are quite a few available. Then download that free little program WFGUI. Put any tape into...
Had time to work on the Sony CF-1990 all day Saturday. 1.) Replaced all 3 cassette belts with new ones from turntableneedles. Here are the ones:...
Separate names with a comma.