A nice contribution post so thanks to givemeyourwalkmans :thumbsup: A couple of videos there were worth watching so thanks (not techmoan as that...
Yeah look for a D6 in as best condition ( as little wear) as you can afford to pay, on e-bay, then send to Deb64 for restoring the trouble areas...
I did send you a lengthy rambling e-mail on July 3 to that e-mail address. Maybe the spam filter ate it :wink:
As for that Good Old Days JQA JQ 10812 I can't find anything on Google about it. Hmm. All new attempts at boombox reproductions are amusing and...
I have your video of that JVC 443, nice rare one, good medium sized mono with BIG speaker. The famous "mega mono "king JVC 550 was on my list for...
I smile every time I see that damn room full of boombox's of cassette's :thumbsup: I wonder if there are any National Panasonic 5410's or RQ 568's...
"This isn’t a motor problem since the belt is slipping on the large black pulley inside." Suggests belt is too big ( Make sure that the...
That is an unfortunate experience. Such cases where the seller is cunning and provides pictures that carefully omit to show scratched up and...
Yeah good luck getting anyone else to ever reply to that survey :biggrin:
A lot of good questions Miriam. First of all I would say CD walkman / Discman were more of a craze from 1985 up to 2000. By time we got to 2000...
Just white noise in the right channel on cassette playback. But left channel has sound ok? Yeah that could be lot of things, oxidized contact in...
Yeah keep that old junk 505ST for parts. It has a ton of good parts. I hope you oil the old motor before putting it in the recipient box :nodding:
I've watched quite a lot of your videos on certain models that were of interest. Good reference and often useful to see a certain model boombox up...
Headphone coupling caps at the very least. How many are there on the board? Is it one of those with 30+ caps? Can you put up some pictures....
Both sizes just to be safe :nodding: (PS: I would like to see your skills applied to other superior high end walkman which are more worthy...
Probably 2.5mm to 3mm and they were originally JIS Philips screws. Easy to strip. About 10mm length. I would send for a metric pack assortment on...
There are very small protruding black plastic "pins" that snap off easily. Very easily. Then the clear plastic cover will not hold in place...
I had to message Wickedkraft and ask for a battery to be made and listed on e-bay. Then I could buy it. Wickedkraft does not seem to keep a stock...
The article talks about Covid and social distancing so that dates it right there. The picture of the Scott Campbell guy in the article is not of...
When I was recapping a Sony D-211 Discman several years ago I ordered a large selection of SMD capacitors, they were not solid state, just regular...
Separate names with a comma.