Found this ad from 1968, that definately looks like a portable cassette radio, making it one of the very first. [ATTACH]
Yep, from 1970 the Fuji Electric Cassettie FM [ATTACH]
[ATTACH]
I've been seeing more, kind of cool, brand new players for sale. Feel free to post anything you see!
From 1973 [ATTACH]
From 1972, killer logo, I wonder what happened to REAL? [ATTACH]
From 1972 [ATTACH]
This was in a BASF Cassette Catalog, no other information was given. What a nice looking little mini. BASF 9341 [ATTACH]
Grand Royale (Beastie Boys) and Dirt, just came across these on archive.org. They go for silly money on Ebay, first time I've seen them online....
Techmoan..."I've owned all the grails, the Sony FH-7 is the best sounding hands down!" (or something close to that). [MEDIA]
The story and video are in the link. https://bronx.news12.com/massive-boombox-artwork-pays-tribute-to-50-years-of-hip-hop [ATTACH]
This may have been the first "boombox" but something happened and sadly, it just looks like one. The Sony TC-224 from 1972?, I've been searching...
Siemens from 1982 [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Blaupunkit Bongo CR from 1975 [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Saba RCR 362 from 1975 [ATTACH]
From 1967, I can't read any of this but this thing is huge, with a handle! Is that a R2R or a turntable? 10 watts a channel, nice! [ATTACH]...
The Mercury from 1966, small and cordless! [ATTACH]
From 1966, but they had been making them for years before, the KLH Model 11 from 1966, interestingly, Cambridge Soundworks would release another...
Looking around the net, it seems there's not a lot of threads on Compact Cassettes, what a rabbit-hole of a topic. It would be nice to do the...
Separate names with a comma.