I certainly wouldn't buy such a device. Once songs are digitized, which they all are, there is no reason to use an unreliable and bulky system of...
I think most likely a new walkman would comprise the audio subsystem or chip from a smart phone plus a cassette drive mechanism. It would have...
Thanks for the advice. I should have posted the question here before giving up on getting a unit from Japan.
I tend to think any circuit board that requires so many jumpers means either the layout was locked in before it was thoroughly tested, or features...
I tried to bid on a couple of Aiwa walkman from aleado.com in Japan. Aleado is some sort of English/international front end for Yahoo Auctions in...
If anyone has one of these being cannibalized for parts, I'm fixing up a couple of HS-J09's. Mainly I need a volume control. The reference is #...
Probably you could provide a lot of the 3 types of tiny buttons and battery covers for Aiwa HS-J* walkman. Almost none of them have all the buttons.
Reviving the name of a long-gone North American car maker. Studebaker boom boxes add USB, light show, Bluetooth and mp3 to traditional features....
The capacitors all look clean and intact. As do the other components. With the vom set at 20k ohms, using the labels on the main board, and...
After countless hours working on the box, getting the AM band to work properly is 1 of 2 remaining problems. I have overhauled the band selection...
I'm going to take a break from working on it until I study the circuit diagrams. Obviously I need a better understanding of how it works. I just...
Next update... I switched the original capacitors in question to see if the problem switched channels. The left channel was as weak as before....
I checked the equalizer ribbon cables with an ohmmeter, and the same with the potentiometer leads. The former test was inconclusive, as one might...
Impressive work. How about duplicating the tiny buttons on higher end Aiwa walkman? It seems there are few units with all of them.
Thanks, and thanks for the diagram. I'll check the cable and equalizer. It does seem to work fine and not affect the weak channel.
The two switches are for Record and Reverse. I had already treated them with cleaner with no effect on the problem. I'll try contact cleaner in...
Thanks for the guidance, Valentin. I desoldered the jack and removed the contacts to carefully clean them. This had no effect on the problem so...
Looking for assistance with this unit that I'm fixing. The left channel volume is very weak. - right channel is 10 times as loud - no...
That looks like the best source for belts I've found. I'm proceeding with buying the parts.
Thanks for the links, background and perspectives. Greatly appreciated. Before the M9998 I had a Sanyo M9980, but sold it when I got the M9998....
Separate names with a comma.