Doing my bit for charities at Christmas [ATTACH] [ATTACH] This Boots PSX200 was a buy it now for less than £10 plus postage from a Charity Shop...
Proving it wasn't my imagination https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/126192582743 Trio / Kenwood were and are one of the three most famous Japanese names...
Yes that is another example I had forgotten about. In the U.K. they used the Trio name for years because Kenwood is the brand name of a popular...
JVC = Japan Victor Company [MEDIA] A similar situation to the use of National, National Panasonic, and Panasonic brands in different...
I wonder if Brian May got a free stereo out of this back in 1990 ? What else did he get paid? 2/3rd of the advert was just a silhouette of his...
In 1990 Woolworths were still convinced that blank cassettes were the ideal stocking filler. Strangely I haven't seen any newspaper adverts from...
You realise it would be a JVC outside of Japan.
I'm not surprised there is an AKA as I don't think Dixons ever made anything themselves. I wonder which company actually made it ? Looking at...
Tempus used to advertise in ETI and Hobby Electronics every month. Back then there was usually a new model in every advert. Of course, earning...
The first time I have used the Canadian inflation calculator [ATTACH] I'm not surprised. I have a Weltron 2001 which inflation adjusted cost...
This will bring back some memories for anyone who was in the U.K. in the 1980s. It also solves a mystery of whether we had Eveready (like on cheap...
Cheap for a Seiko even in 1988. Did they over gadget it ? [ATTACH] There again how much would those Earrings be today ? They certainly might...
A full page newspaper adverts for a Hitachi in December 1988 [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Looking at the later newspapers the cassette adverts seemed to be tailing off with just a week until Christmas. However, back in 1988, 35 years...
I have never worked on a DT505 but common disassembly problems on other equipment have been Needing to open cassette doors Needing to open CD...
As usual Google has the answer https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/product/philips-d8734-boombox
Not really although we do like to hear why people have joined, and love seeing pictures of peoples gear, whether it is high end or a $10 Personal...
Here is Techmoan's video on a machine of the same type [MEDIA] It was actually this video, four years ago that prompted me to become one of his...
Dixons (and successors) have been going since 1937 and originally started out in photography. My first camera was a Prinz 126 while my first...
1989 and you certainly paid a premium for CDs. Incidentally the NOW series has just celebrated its 40th Anniversary and is up to Now 116....
Separate names with a comma.