1989 and Curry's think you need a CD Boombox. They were certainly dropping in price. At the start of the year the Philips was £199. I actually...
A cassette tape ad with a difference. Beer and Cassettes. Unfortunately we are a bit late for the offer. [ATTACH]
In same 1974 Dixon's catalogue as the Prinz cassette decks a pocket calculator was almost as much. p.s. I'm surprised they didn't label the...
Dixons are the last real survivor from all the electronics stores we once had. They bought out rivals Curry's who got away from the high street to...
What is she wearing up top ? No wonder the distorted the picture. Back to more mundane adverts in 1991, how many adverts for cassettes did...
Here is an idea from 1991 which didn't catch on despite the half page newspaper advert [ATTACH]
How about a talking clock radio from the early 1970 that does use any kind of speech synthesis [MEDIA] Calculators were expensive [MEDIA] In an...
I think this is worth 16 minutes of your time [MEDIA]
That was my point. The only people who would buy this for themselves would be the same people who bought Crosley record players not knowing any...
These things are novelties designed to be bought as a present for Dad who has been going on about how great his Walkman was. Away from novelties a...
No but check this out for equipment that isn't props...
It must almost be Christmas. In 1990 Dixons had a full page advert for Britain's Biggest Range of Personal Hi-Fi. I don't think they were...
Panasonic had a large range of fun models in the early 1970s, like the "Plunger" 8 track player...
I wonder if Japan's famously small apartments meant there was more of a demand for portable systems ? I just looked in the 1993 Argos catalogue to...
@Radio Raheem has probably had them all. https://stereo2go.com/forums/threads/my-thoughts-about-boomboxes.142/page-2 My guess would be either a...
An unusual Crown SHC-47F two piece stereo system on eBay. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115909739335 [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
I don't think Dixons were ever into such things. They were into having a shop in every town as the go to place to buy Cameras, Calculators, and...
Yet another Dixon's advert but today from 1989. Saisho was their own brand only sold in their shops. I'm sure there would have been AKAs in other...
The newspaper archive I am looking at only shows today's newspaper from years in the past. With Christmas on the horizon in 1989 there were lots...
Panasonic R63. Other colours were available https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/national_r_63r6.html [ATTACH]
Separate names with a comma.