This is from 1992. I guess it must refer to Panasonic actually having subsiduary / office in the UK since 1972, since Matsushita had been using...
The cheaper models such as Crown seemed to be quite popular here in the U.K. Recently I watched a TV programme about the 1981 Royal Wedding. It...
The question is how much was it new ? I have just been looking through some old catalogues and while I can't find any large screen Philips TVs...
Was there much meta data on the original CDs other than a Table of Contents containing the number of tracks and where they start? I'm sure I have...
And here is how the media introduced it [MEDIA] This ABC report is excellent, and even ends up predicting the MP3 player. [MEDIA]
A good selection of Audio gear from Curry's in 1991 [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Twenty years takes us back to 2003. Sony we’re still selling (cheap) cassette walkmans in 2011. Although the DD walkmans were undoubtably great...
Some from 1988. Was the Tandy - 50 (Radio Shack) a rebadged Sharp. [ATTACH] I actually have the dual deck Sharp in the Curry's advert. [ATTACH]...
Having made it all the way to the back of the loft I took a few photos of mine. This drawer is what I would classify as Mixtapes but were mixes of...
This Aiwa looks tempting although I guess the aerial might be a bit of a challenge https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125979950231 [ATTACH]
@walkman archive wrote "to invest maybe in another expensive hobby like photography or... who knows :D" While I know that photography can be very...
Lots of good points here. A colleague summed it up when he said there is a "Nostalgia Wave". It didn't stop him from buying a JVC Boombox he had...
Welcome back Hugo, and a big thank you for keeping the site up and running over a tough period. I remember when it did lock up for a few days but...
Harley Davidson seem to have a better product, although it is twice the price. https://www.livewire.com/en-gb/livewire-one-electric-motorcycle
'What, for years, was number one on the lists of things to take with you on vacation?" I wouldn't call going to the moon a vacation but they took...
They have been around quite a while [MEDIA] [MEDIA]
By 1992 CDs were the format of choice [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
I keep looking through the old newspaper of the day and about every third one had an advert for Mini HiFis in the 1990s 1992 [ATTACH] 1994 [ATTACH]
A Dixons advert from 1994. At the time they were competing against rivals like Comet, Rumbelows, and Tandy (Radio Shack) They also had newspaper...
Time to update this thread with Let's Rock Southampton 2023. [ATTACH] It started with various artist playing with the the House Band. 59 year old...
Separate names with a comma.