I kinda breezed over the service manual to see if I could find the mystery spring... to no avail. Why not reassemble and test? There has to be...
The picture of the mystery spring is not very good. I can't tell if the spring has hooks on each end? Does it? Hitachi-TRK-5190E-p7.pdf <--- if...
Best to avoid propriety headphone connectors like the plague. My comment was a prime example of an uninformed knee jerk utterance :frown: Prior to...
Never heard of them. I just spent 20 minutes over there checking out what they have listed. I see a few nice late models I wouldn't mind trying....
An interesting discussion. Many good points and opinions so far! (Here is my very peculiar opinion: I fixate on D6 and D6C due to audio quality,...
Yeah it always astounds me how fanatics who build these awesome sites suddenly lose interest. It has happened over in other hobbies and interests...
This is page 7 of the D-303 service manual. One assumes they mean to load the Discman with two AA as a power source in order to check that the...
Welcome back! Being new here... I was ignorant of your importance and connection to Stereo2go site! I have come across Walkman-archive site a...
Good recommendations Jorge. If the belt is really unbreakable then it warrants a second look at a D-10. Worth going in deep and cleaning the...
Another thing I forgot to add: The D-10 Discman was the loudest Discman I have yet heard. After coming back from Kaosun the gears were lubricated...
Sony Discman D-10 (D-100 everywhere else outside North America) from 1987. Right on the front of the box it states 19.8mm thick as a major feat....
Welcome fellow Vancouverite :wave:
Wow, welcome to the forums, all the way from Eastern Ontario :biggrin: (Yeah I confess, I had to look Smith's Falls up... )
Exciting new threads could be opened up on these things... something this forum is in dire need of. An RQ-568 thread, one on the 5410, another...
Yep welcome to the the forums. Up to around 1998 or 1999 I was still recording the rare piece from FM radio to cassette. With a junk Sanyo boombox...
It is a lot more efficient and lower cost to just pay Kaosun for full servicing than buying the proper soldering station alone. Let alone the...
D-100 was the only Discman I bought broken, but in good cosmetic condition, to send directly to Kaosun to repair. I see you have asked this same...
The RQ-568 is the other one on my short list along with Sony CF-490 / 495 or CF1990. RQ-568 has a big 6x9 speaker according to the youtube video...
OK I got the Addendum tacked on, thanks Jorge, makes it easier to find them. I will add some in to my next order one of these days. Derek: The...
That's right, the Tantalums are the coupling caps on line out, I have that info copied and pasted from an ancient thread so should know better. I...
Separate names with a comma.