I should also add for completeness that this CF-160S has: An external microphone jack, Mono headphone jack, SP Monitor on / off switch, Front LED...
While not too helpful, I can say I have a Hitachi TRK 3D5 (no CD ) box I found in February 2022. I had to change the belts, this being an arduous...
I confess to being quite a bit sarcastic there... because I know very few users are going to have what it takes to sit down and spend hours of...
Google "Panasonic SJ-MR220 Service Manual" and it will come up on the first hit. This is a special separate manual. It will show how to open the...
Charged the old NiMh gumstick? If you have the external AA case, try that, with a fresh alkaline or new Eneloop AA. If the SJ MR-220 was working...
Sony CF-160S circa 1978. S for Shortwave. CF-160 version has no shortwave but has a tape counter. I chose this CF-160S out of a group of 3 boxes...
Buried in that Boombox Archaeology thread (was it there?) there were magazine reviews of D6C along with prices. I was surprised they had around...
I had no real interest specifically in old boom boxes / radios until 2014. That's when I was offered 3 boom boxes for free - I chose only one, a...
I note the Sony CF-550 is shown in that 1972 Italian ad posted above. Never seem to have the prices. I am guessing it was around $200-250 US in...
These are just some random musings of mine: Another few options / possibilities is for someone who is fluent in the language and residing in...
Welcome to the fray! I looked up the Panasonic RQ SX-11 on e-bay and learned it is from around 1995. Good luck with the repairs in that other thread.
Deb64 with more crucial advice. I found this thread last Summer. No AC adapters, even original one, on DC and DC6 is indeed sage advice. Been a...
Found the link and got a series of their annual reports for years I am interested in. The 1992 year report highlights the decline in sales and...
D303 - 1991 Sony Brochure by Hyperscope posted Apr 16, 2023 at 9:56 AM
Old Forum area, I just tried again, but not many results found there. Head-fi had a lot of interesting Discman comments and tech details from...
Another tip to anyone reading this: There is a 31 minute on youtube on D-555 laser replacement, video is titled "sony discman d555 z555 Replacing...
I would replace all caps and then try with another "new" old laser and motor assembly. Later D9 models with KSS220 are good candidate donors....
Yes, it can be a lot of work trying to find these old ads. I mined the World Radio History listings too, I started to believe there were no more...
Thank you Mister X for finding these magazine ads and posting them! I found this thread last Summer and have been checking in to see its progress...
Sure Magneto, I will post some pics when relevant, thanks! Mindidisc, yes, I got into that format in 2002 with the MZ-R900 and I still have it...
Separate names with a comma.