Thanks for the link. When will we see a honest and thorough article about cassette renaissance from a big name?
Hola Gonzo! Bienvenido al grupo. Welcome aboard. You're not the only spaniard here. We have some members, like @mankamaz, @TJ Autoreverse,...
Ahh, I love this one, and I'm lucky to have it boxed like new. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Looking at the cassette itself, seems like a Maxell UD. It's weird that they used a type I cassette for a 'professional quality', high MOL' and...
You're lucky. It looks like you found one of those rare early units with the hyperbolic head. Those have the best sound quality ever in a walkman...
Hmm, then it should sound very tiny and with lots of treble. A recording made with dbx played without decoding sounds pretty bad. But when you...
Wow, that one with the 26th Grammy is awesome! Thanks for the video, but I see you're playing it with a Nak that has no dbx to decode. so, are you...
Firts walkman and first discman. Good pair indeed.
Welcome aboard! Nice photos. I see you love the GOTG props. Is that a real TPS-L2?
No idea. Seems like a mistake. I'll write those guys and ask them... In this case I shipped this box to a friend in NJ and then he shipped to me...
I've recently bought a box of these cassettes because once I saw them, I thought I had tto have them! They are really cool. My two sons also love...
I found the backup of the site years ago too, but could not see any familiar name. I didn't dig very much, I confess. Very curious... welcome back AO.
Thanks Max, but the 'introducing myself' forum is not for listing for sale. I'll move it the the right place.
You mean not listening to them? When I talked about the dbx 224 I was referring to decoding the sound...
That is indeed a museum piece, but 9k seems 'a bit' high price, isn't it? A few years ago I remember one of our fellow members to have a deal for...
I noticed those sounds when a walkman is very close to my iphone but never in the metro or train.
It's good that other options appear in the market, although I don't like the design so much. Sharp corners, extremely clean and boring (to me)...
Very interesting guys. Ken, I don't see how do you decode dbx in your video. Are you using an external dbx module, like the 224?
Wow, those are dbx-encoded? I’ve never seen such thing... Do you have a dbx deck or an external decoder? Does it decode well?
Hi Stereomecha99. Yes, that's pretty common. In fact, I'd say that almost all tapes, no matter how good they are suffer from some dropouts at the...
Separate names with a comma.