Haven't measured, but unit should work fine with NiMH AAs until the LEDs that show direction become very dim. If the head lifting mechanism...
In regard to part 111, that's not necessary for operation it's there only for aesthetics and for the cassette shell to slide easily and not catch....
There is a thread about the clutch gear crack here: https://stereo2go.com/forums/threads/tps-l2-broken-clutch-gear.9534/ If the small idler is not...
Want to update the thread with something. Browsing FixYourAudio website, I cam across this:...
Dimension looks to be 13 x 8 x 2mm or something close to it, but it's unclear if it uses a metal pin or it's the type where pin is part of the...
If you share a picture of the actual roller, we may be able the help you. Pretty sure it uses a standard roller like 13 x 8 x 2mm or 9 x 7 x 1.5mm.
In regard to the small idler, what I have noticed can happen sometimes is the metal shaft can get pushed further down on the plastic lever when...
Wouldn't suspect the screws, unless some of them are actually missing or loose. What I would do is test the unit with case removed (and that...
There is no mecahnical auto-stop on FF/REW on these devices, just electronic auto-off to stop the motor. So this behavior you describe is normal....
Capstan does look a bit polished where the tape rides. I would recommend to roughen it, as if you do it right there are no downsides. Important...
Visually I see the new one is a bit smaller, but that may be due to factors like: - old one has become so hard rubber has changed shape; - old one...
Wouldn't worry too much about the head, since it can be lapped. However don't see how dirt/wear on the head would cause pops. I would suggest to...
WM-7 roller is the standard size used in TPS-L2, WM-3, D6C and many other walkmans. Dimension is 9 x 7 x 1.5mm. You can order by dimension or...
Without an audio recording, "clicks" can mean many different things. If what you hear are pops similar to ones vinyl discs make when they're...
If that's the case I would check 2 things: - that the actual takeup reel is free to rotate, in the sense there's nothing adding extra resistnace....
You mean takeup reel does not rotate or doesn't have enough torque to spool the tape ?
The pin is likely steel, but not sure if you can spot weld these 2 different metals together. And also wouldn't pay that much for a spot welder...
This mechanism looks very similar to the SONY WA-8000 which I've restored before. Would check for any stuck gears due to old grease, but even...
National RQ-JA100/RX-SA200 Both units are the same, SA200 having an AM/FM/TV radio integrated into the door. Some very particular aspects of...
Does that white gear rotate ? When mechanism switches from FWD to REV that gear need to rotate one full cycle of 360°. To be noted that green...
Separate names with a comma.