I have just added two more similar systems to this thread...
Not as portable as the all in one units, but in the 1985 Dixons catalogue there were three packages of a Boombox and Turntable. [ATTACH] I guess...
Actually a catalogue page from 1984. Now we know how most people got their SL-N5 turntables. [ATTACH] In fact I remember a Stereo2Go member...
A common problem with LCDs is bad connection through what they call a "zebra strip"....
I think somebody mentioned one of these in Techmoan's Patreon comments when he got a watch. They said they bought one mail order as a child and...
Quartz clocks were a big deal back in 1976. I looked in the 1976 Argos catalogue and of the forty or so clocks for sale only forty were quartz....
Very occasionally I find similar record collections in charity shops and think "I'd like to have known this person when I was younger". I have...
Welcome and thanks for posting the picture. It is always nice to see other people's collections
I have no idea. The box, instructions, and original headphones disappeared years ago. The date on RadioMuseum is ten years out, so I wouldn't...
The TRS80 and Commodore PET were really aimed at small businesses for accounting etc. The sweet shop lady in the TV programme was using a PET. At...
I was looking at the Christmas 1982 Dixons catalogue and was surprised to find four pages of computers. At the start of 1981 Tandy (Radio Shack)...
I still have mine, a Sanyo M-G11 bought in John Lewis in about 1983 for about £30. When I last tried it about a year ago it still worked O.K....
Regarding the voltage rating, that indicates the highest voltage the capacitor is designed to withstand. The problem is that higher voltage...
Saturday's CD was a "best of" by album featuring a couple of new tracks by an artist I didn't have any CDs of. There was one track (a cover of a...
In my experience iTunes got worst as it got updated basically turning into a storefront for Apple Music. There was a version that came out three...
You might be one of the last people to have that experience. What will 21 year olds find in 21 years time. A Spotify playlist ? What are the...
By the end of 1982 music centres were becoming more affordable [ATTACH] Those with plenty money would have been buying Technics stack systems,...
I wonder if it is age related ? During the 1990s I was buying a couple of full priced CDs a month so my CD collection must have cost a couple of...
From the amount of CDs that turn up in charity shops I guess I am an atypical user hanging onto my physical media. Despite buying the 64GByte iPod...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-61401626 I'm surprised that the iPod has only been around for 21 years. CDs are coming up to forty while...
Separate names with a comma.