In regard to capstans, rust may not be very visible. You need to take a closer look and check for any dark lines/spots. Move your fingernail...
Wonder why they keep doing units with the following "features": 1. Recoreders with no line in, but with mic in. Also, for a recorder to be good...
Glad to hear it's working ! For my own curiosity, what eneded up to be the problem with buttons not doing anything ? I definetely hope so, but...
That is a very good value ! Anything between 0.06% WRMS and 0.1% WRMS can be considered to be within specification on these units. For reference...
The 15kHz bandwitdh limit is indeed in order to limit the RF bandwidth of the FM transmission, but also in order to not interfere with the 19kHz...
You should remove the motor and try to set the play by using the feeler gauge. Howver, given the capstan is a bit recessed inside the brass...
Looking at the block diagram in the service manual, there are quite a few things that need to work properly for this device to power on. There are...
The leaf switches on these units usually need to be cleaned with sandpaper (800-1000 grit), contact cleaner alone usually doesn't do it. I would...
The question is not stupid at all, thanks for pointing it out. It is, in fact, my mistake as I never used the feeler gauge method to adjust these...
It will only if you don't clean the capstan after re-installing it. In the original tutorial there is one step that is missing, although it's...
@Rune Lindman For reference please add a link to the product page. A simple search with strings like "WM-100 battery", "WM 100 battery" etc....
It's my mistake, I recently fixed WM-701Cs/F701Cs (so this is what I had in mind) which now I realise have a different type of motor than the...
There is no guide online about this, I'm pretty sure of it. You do need to remove the motor from the chassis. There are 2 ribbon cables that...
Yes, I can confirm there are only 4 screws + 2 addtional self-tapping ones that hold the side bracket which goes over the jacks and...
I can't remember for sure if I have seen any D3 to have that spring, but I incline to say WM-D3s don't have it installed. The spring's purpose...
I think the second option is the one to go for. A replacement one you won't find, I have not seen anyone selling these unfortunately. Have...
Something is gummed up in the mechanism, likely the middle black pulley. As far as lubrication goes, there are a couple of things that are a...
You need to engage the solenoid with a pair of tweezers and then rotate the middle pulley clockwise. See picture attached. But first I would...
These WM-700 series don't have a tape in switch, they should operate with the door open and no cassette inserted. There are 2 main problems that...
Separate names with a comma.