We didn't get any of those in the U.K. I thought the WM-FX202 looked familiar but it was just the styling. We had similar looking units with three...
Here are some pictures of an"Assembled in China" one...
A track for playing in a Saba Journey personal stereo :nodding: [MEDIA] What a great live performance. One of the few that sounds as good as the...
The actual price was £13.97 but they are probably right that an equivalent from Sony or National Panasonic would have been £42. Russian made...
From the number of GF777Z s that were being sold from China back then I wondered if they were standard issue for schools or something. When I was...
A Sanyo Radio Cassette was about £40. Either was just over a weeks wages for a full time manual male worker and nearly two weeks wages for a...
Here are some really old Sony prices from 1974. [ATTACH] In the U.K. people hate haggling but love a bargain and have been known to queue up for...
Greetings. I was going to ask if you had much choice of equipment back in those days but then I saw your age. About ten years ago there was an...
Showing how quickly things moved on, here are all the MP3 players in the Autumn Winter 2002 Argos Catalogue. [ATTACH] I don't have a scan of the...
From what I can make out that advert is from 1970 back when calculators were only bought by big businesses and no one had heard of Casio....
Sort of true. Grandma and Grandpa, who thought Elvis started the decline of music, would buy one with their gold plated pension. They would be...
It is unusual to see so many makes from the same store. Over here the cheap ones tended to be in places like Argos and the expensive ones in...
I you intend continuing doing repairs on things like Walkmans a cheap mobile phone repair kit will be useful....
Do you know what the exact difference between the EX3 and EX5 is ? I looked at a few pictures but the difference wasn't obvious. As products...
One last comment. Look out for switches which have to line up with the mechanism and don't leave the flexi under the board. Here is my original...
See the black plastic on either side of the ribbon cable. Try pulling them forward. They should move about 1mm. The ribbon should then just slide...
For completeness here is the fourth Sheffield band who made it big in that period [MEDIA] I wonder if it was due to the availability of new...
It is great to find a box like you had years ago. Unless it is a permanent magnet there is far more to go wrong than just the head. Having said...
Having mentioned Heaven 17, this is what they were doing at around the same time [MEDIA]
Meanwhile, from literally the same city as Def Leppard (Sheffield) the Human League had their first chart success with their third album, produced...
Separate names with a comma.