Ok, my mistake I lived with the impression those are injection molded, but didn't pay careful attention. So there's nobody making an injection...
I don't think 3D printing is a good option for gears, at least not at this point in time. Problem with 3D print is it just cannot be as strong as...
I'm not in a position to decide what the market price is for a device that's very rare and I have not seen any completed sales prices. Hence why...
At the end of day it comes down to the question "Are you willing to pay $250 ? Is this the right price for you ?" This is something only you can...
I think these gumsticks are worth getting, but this may vary with individual expectations of course. For people reading this, do keep in mind you...
Looking at the service manual, I see this motor a slim-type and it has an integrated governor. If you can provide pics of front and back of the...
Some motors are louder than others. If both the top and bottom bearings have been properly lubricated and the buzzing noise persists, it's likely...
Don't think there is a capacitor kit available for this particular walkman, you'll have to source the parts yourself from a components distributor...
I would start by removing the leaky SMD electrolytic capacitors, clean the PCB, check traces and vias (repair if necessary) and then install new...
There's no such thing as a 0% tolerance, that's an error in the service manual. Seen errors in SONY service manuals before. Generally speaking,...
From my own repair experience, I can say collectors who buy such walkmans to actually use them will prefer it professionally restored to factory...
Hello and welcome to the forum, @Jonrrolyat ! If you intend to use your DC2, definately restore it. If the unit has never been serviced before,...
As it was already pointed out in the "Introducing myself" thread, these battery springs are pretty generic in practice. You can definetely take...
For lubrication, I recommend to use watch oil. You can buy a pen-like one which will be easier to use. Here is an example:...
Hello and welcome to the forum ! The problem on your D-303 is a worn spindle motor. The motor has play in the bushings to a point where the...
The service manual does not show how to disassmble the unit. Since other AIWA service manuals show this, I must assume it's nothing very specific...
I don't think you need to remove those buttons to take the back cover off. What you will need to do is remove the gumstick battery door, that...
Watched the video. The motor noise seems to go up and down constantly, that isn't right. Personally I would re-oil the motor, but it's to be noted...
Initially I wanted to suggest soldering and I think that can also work. You will need to sand the surface or scratch it well with tweezers for the...
The video is listed as private, I cannot view it. You need to make it unlisted or public in order for it to be viewable by others.
Separate names with a comma.