The shaft itself has a slight wiggle ? That should be solid, shouldn't have any play. I can see a small bump on the metal plate it's fitted to,...
It is, but it's not going to last because you won't remove the belt residue/old grease, just mix it with oil enough to drop its viscosity....
First of all, do note that these type of 3 phase brushless motors are more noisy compared to a DC brushed motor. Without hearing a recording of...
The reel gears, in the majority of cases, don't break entirely but just a harline crack in the middle enough to make it not a press-fit anymore....
The reel gears are a very common problem on this mechanism type, but usually it's just a small crack in the center (in which case the gear can be...
Ok, so let's take things one by one: 1. That reel gear is available for sale. I recently spotted someone in China who sells it, unfortunately...
Recently when I wanted to recommend someone the Vapex gumsticks that I use, noticed the first 2 listings that come up upon searching for "Vapex...
Yes, those 2. Thanks for the picture. As for the wires, they're probably soldered directly to components as there's not really much space in...
Given the cell capacity is 500mAh, it's obvious that the 900mAh reffers to the 2.4V output. So the assembly has 2.16Wh. @Rossoe Please share a...
I have seen Rubber Renue on 12voltvids YouTube channel with good initial results (can't comment about long-term results), but I have not used it...
Unfortunately the B602 has a different motor. It's a brushless 3-phase disc motor, while the WM-501 is a normal brushed motor. One of the worst...
Video isn't mine, I just linked it for reference to illustrate how the case is opened. The logic in your steps is correct, only problem is this:...
I open the shell using a thin blade (X-Acto or scalpel) starting from the opening for the head/capstans. In rare cases it can happen that the...
This is a relatively common issue even with phones and other devices that charge via USB-C. Most (if not all) USB-C to USB-C cables have a...
The brass things are the flywheels. You need to clean those as well as the small motor pulley and the black idler pulley. I recommend using IPA...
@Chris Rae I watched the video, the belt is definetely too loose for proper operation. It needs to have more tension to be able to engage the head...
This is interesting. I did restore pre-recorded cassettes myself in the past as had some which left a lot of oxide and residue on the head and...
I have a couple of suggestions to add in regard to this so people reading this thread are less likely to get scammed: 1. Pay careful atttention...
Think I have spotted what the problem is: the detection lever has a spring that seems not hooked on one end. Check attached picture. So leave...
Ok, first of all leave that black part alone don't cut it as it's part of the auto-stop mechanism. Please check the operation of the auto-stop...
Separate names with a comma.