@sirwalkboy Please create a new thread (in the Walkman --> Tech Talk section) in regard to the TCM-100 problem as it's not related to anything...
About capacitors, it depends on the brand of capacitors fitted, but I can't remember seeing any WM-2s with leaky caps. The WM-5 is indeed prone to...
In regard to the gray wire positioning, I already answered your questions so won't go back to that. Looking at the last picture indeed I can see...
This thread covers a new method for adjusting skipping teeth on FF and/or REW on SONY WM-DD series walkmans. It applies to all units that use a...
Units sold on https://www.fixyouraudio.com are the following: - WM-DD has 681 units old; - WM-DDII 120 units sold; - WM-DDIII 97 units sold; -...
I understand the situation with the balance degrading over time. In my opinion, things should be taken in order by playing a tape with a test tone...
Ok, listened on headphones and indeed there is a channel imbalance: the right channel is louder but not by a huge amount. This kind of imbalance...
A question: what was the initial problem you were trying to solve by replacing these capacitors ? Listening to your recording, I would say the...
Looking at the schematic I think there is an error in regard to C306. I think this is an intereference supression capacitor going from the...
For the wire I recommend 28-29AWG wire for replacing the existing wires. The exact diameter isn't critical as the current consumption is very...
I attach a picture of how the wiring is done. The 2 batteries are wired in series (to have 3V), so there is one black wire that goes from the...
Indeed the BA3304F is not the limiting factor as the closed loop voltage gain remains contant until above 30kHz. Looking at the datasheet of...
@Thomas Monteith If you're willing to send the device to Romania I can fix it for you.
There is a black lever underneath the center gear which needs to go into the slot of the plastic slider. That lever is not inserted where it's...
Unlike a 3-head recorder, on a 2-head recorder the head is a compromise between recording and playback. So the gap is not as large as on a...
I am looking for a counter for the SONY TC-D5 (any of the models as counter is identical). If someone has the counter or has a unit for parts,...
That is correct, when the switch is in the NORM position no EQ is applied.
I attached the NJM2106 datasheet. Please check pages 7-8 of the datasheet for specific details. Both cutoff frequencies and the gains can be...
MegaBass was designed to compensate for deficiencies in the frequency response of headphones used at that time. Especially on the ones that don't...
Indeed both WM-F5 and WM-DD use the CX891 not the CX20084.
Separate names with a comma.