Grundig BeatBoy 80 For the most part, the mechanism only needs basic maintenance items: - cleaning and re-lubrication; - new belts; -...
From the picture you posted, it's not clear if the part is broken or not. You need to take more pictures from different angles to see how the...
It looks like this is how it's supposed to go. Please share what you did on this unit and links to parts like belts for reference, so other...
Based on your photo, I notice the pinch roller does not sit in the correct position. It should be much closer to the capstan than it is now. The...
Small black pulley is for routing purposes only, it doesn't drive anything. Many mechanisms have such an "idler" pulley.
Here you have the belt routing, which is the same on all models with this mechanism:...
This was obviously not the case as the serial numbers vary a lot and it's the first digit that is the same on many devices never the last. The...
Looking at the 2 service manuals: https://elektrotanya.com/sony_wm-ex660_ex662_cassette_player.pdf/download.html...
I want to share with you another clutch gear, which is much cheaper than the previously mentioned one. Here it is:...
Screws are M1.4 and can be found here (in different lengths): https://fixyouraudio.com/product/walkman_screws/
Please post the part number of that switch you bought from DigiKey for reference. About the horizontal caps, I replace those with small 4 x 7mm...
You need to release the metal tab first in order to remove the flex cable. The direction of movement is up and down from the angle of which the...
This deck looks surprisingly similar to one I have (it's the only one of this type in my collection): the BASF 8200 HiFi. Some info about it here:...
Can't say exactly what screw you need just by looking at that picture. If you are to try one of the walkman's screws, how is it ? Is it to small...
You can but I need to know what type of jack the walkman uses in order to see if the one that comes with AC-ES3010 can be re-used or I need to...
The RJ11 phone connector is international. But indeed back in the day it's very possible not all countries used it. In Romania, I do remember back...
4V is very uncommon, but the device will very likely work fine on 3V which is way more common. There are a couple of aspects to be aware of when...
Marian's username on the forum is mihokm, but he's not very active on the forum. I suggest contacting him via the website's contact form here:...
I suggest buying your belt from here: https://fixyouraudio.com/product/belt-sony-wm-fx521/ Marian (owner of FixYourAudio) is a member of this...
My guess is the unit has been powered with reverse polarity at some point in time. The motor governor IC (AN6612) always burns when powered with...
Separate names with a comma.