If you do it while the device is running (so capstan speed is fast) you need to keep the cotton swab for 5-10 seconds. You will see the capstan...
Capstan can be roughened with ferric chloride. Ideally you should roughen only the part which comes in contact with the tape. This can be achieved...
This happened to me after a Windows update. It was solved by turning on the "Let desktop apps to access your microphone". See the attached...
Is the older face place identical to the newer one ? Any small differences could cause it not to work at all. There is nothing on the display...
I am interested in upgrading a couple of walkmans with audio grade capacitors, but from what I have seen at the major distributors (Farnell,...
In regard to the ribbon cables, I think it's worth the effort to design them in a PCB CAD software and get some manufactured as nowadays the...
This thread covers the battery replacement for the Samsung YP-K5J DAP. The original battery is an 830mAh, but I could not find an exact...
This thread covers a common problem seen on the AIWA HS-P202 and PC202 and includes all generations. While the walkman will work fine with a...
I want to make a couple of remarks in regard to this adjustments: 1. According to the manual, you need to load the line out with 100kohm...
Apart from the noise, there are 2 issues that I see: 2. The belt is way too thick for that walkman. You need a 0.5-0.6mm thickness belt for it....
Reserved
This is a step-by-step tutorial covering how to replace the pinch roller on the JVC full logic walkmans. While the basic principle for replacing...
Sounds like the device was powered with reverse polarity and likely both the CX20084 IC and the DC-DC converter have failed. The DC-DC boost...
Screws are M1.4 with a length of probably 2-3mm. You can find a set of walkmans screws here, which I recommend getting:...
Start by double checking everything: - are all the pins you desoldered soldered back ? Solenoid, motor, battery terminals, tape in/EQ switches. -...
@Emiel the head of your DC2 was re-lapped indeed. @LotharGores I do re-lapping on heads, but have not done that particular head type before as I...
I would try polish first and see how much of a difference it makes. If it's just a thin layer of corrosion on the surface, polish will clean it...
I would check the belt routing as on this model it's very easy to put the main belt backwards. This will drive the reels backwards, pushing the...
Why do you want to replace the CX20068 with CX20218 ? You made me curious. I do not know if the components around the Dolby circuit are identical...
It's hard to say what the price is given it's a relatively rare unit and there are always people out there which will speculate just because they...
Separate names with a comma.