The device looks good overall, seems like the takeup reel ring gear is not cracked I cannot hear the typical tac-tac sound. The fact that motor...
Ok, so let me clarify: My measurements do not take into account the narrower portion that gets into the recess, hence why there are only 3...
I do have some measurements, but take into accounts they're approximate: PLAY idlers (2 pcs needed): 13.5 x 8.5 x 2.5mm (outer diameter x inner...
This sounds like one or both idlers which drive the takeup reel may be slipping. It's a very common problem on these devices, although you said...
I am on the same page with you, think restoring the original one is the best option and should be tried first. This is a good idea ! Please share...
IPA can be used safely on rubber parts, I have been using it for many many years without any issues whatsoever. Acetone is a more aggresive...
There are mainly 2 solutions to your problem: 1. Clean your original rubber very good with IPA or acetone. To me it doesn't look that bad and I...
Dolby C works in a relatively different way compared to Dolby B, it's not just doing more of the same stuff hence why the 2 systems are...
Indeed if the motor doesn't run smoothly, it means there is increased friction which in turn will increase the motor current. And yes, the tape...
Most modern IEMs are indeed very easy to drive, many having sensitivity specs of 106-109dB/mW (at 109 it's really sensitive). Depending on...
In the application circuit from the AN6612 datasheet the capacitor on pin 7 is 0.47μF. Looking at some other devices that use the AN6612 this...
This is a fix in the sense that it will make the walkman usable again. But the root cause of this motor hum is an aged motor as you already...
Motor is held in place by 2 screws with large head, which are probably missing in your unit. This mechanism will also need a new clutch gear...
I cannot see the image either.
I've came across this walkman a couple of times but didn't pay much attention mostly because of the boxy design and that it looked nothing really...
JVC CQ-22K/CQ-11K Mechanism is identical to the one presented in post #30 (apart from motor being in a different position), so it shares the same...
This Cybernet PS-202 is a very interesting model, I do like the color, design and the pattern on cassette door. It's pretty unique compared to the...
This mechanism has a common problem with the gears on the other side developing a hairline crack. Solution is to glue the reel shaft to the gear....
Hello and welcome to the forum, @soluna ! I think sharing pictures with the tapes you have on the forum is a very good idea. Like to see all the...
There is a thread covering a jig designed specifically to test CX20084s and see which ones work and which don't:...
Separate names with a comma.