About the D6, I recommend checking out this thread by @Deb64 first:...
Hello and welcome to the forum ! The autostop not working can be caused by a slipping belt or by the mechanism itself not being put right, like...
I see, those capstans are the type that already have a deep roughening from the factory. The macro picture is a very good reference in this...
Indeed it does seem to be an azimuth problem, but I wouldn't necessarily suspect a tilted head (especially on those units that don't have...
Hello and welcome to the forum ! Post in the "Gear you want" section. I recommend asking for a replacement PCB, as the chances of finding just...
@AMoonRabbit I added a link with a motor disassembly and maintenance tutorial to the restoration thread, made by a forum member. So check this one...
Yes, that screw is the correct one.
Ok, in regard to the small guide wheel of the motor belt, that doesn't have a washer beneath it. At least I have not seen a washer in any of the...
@AMoonRabbit This type of mechanism needs a complete relubrication, in my opinion, before any conclusion can be drawn. What I can hear in the...
I also recommend checking out this thread, as the mechanism of the EX1 seems similar to the EX508: https://www.tapeheads.net/showthread.php?t=41384
It is very likely this device has a mode switch, which tells the microcontroller in which state the mech is in (forward, reverse, stop or just...
Ok, so the fact that on one side you got a decent figure and on the other not, to me indicates the belt itlself can be excluded as a potential...
Ok, so the fact that motor doesn't have any side-to-side play is a very good thing. There's obviously no problem in measuring with a microphone,...
@JUAN ANDRES MONTIEL DIEZ Old caps are Nippon Chemicon by the looks of it. Check the picture attached with their logo. On the actual caps, since...
@RTB To me it doesn't seem there is anything missing. The white gear on top (circled red in the picture attached) is normal to move from right to...
@JUAN ANDRES MONTIEL DIEZ I'm reffering to the electronic auto-off, indicated by reflective/dark pattern on the takeup reel gear. The mechanical...
So far, this is the info we have regarding serial numbers: 120 895 - thick center gear, no auto-off 241 322 - normal center gear, no auto-off, 2...
I suggest looking at the pictures in this thread and the service manual. All the values of capacitors can be found in these pictures:...
@Emiel Thank you for mentioning me, but I think he is better off finding someone in US to avoid the high shipping costs and customs delays. There...
This thread covers what I believe to be a potential common problem found in SONY WM-2 walkmans. It's more likely to be present on those with...
Separate names with a comma.