I'm fine thanks. We actually have a car boot sale locally tomorrow so will see what is there. Lets Rock Southampton has been postponed a second...
I just spotted this in the BBC headlines https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57763301 In my local store there is already less shelf space...
Welcome. We haven't had that many members come from Japan despite most of the equipment we discuss coming from there. Reading various articles,...
Sugru (mouldable silicone) is what you need to re-insulate connectors. It starts out like Blu-Tack and a few hours later ends up like bath...
My suggestion based on what has happened before would be Technics. Eleven years ago when vinyl was reaching the end of a long decline their...
Argos was a bit too downmarket for Sony to supply back then but by Spring 1981 they had the Binatone Hip-Fi Cloneman. I'm sure @autoreverser has...
I decided to look what the large U.K. retailer Argos was offering in 1979. Two Stereo Boomboxes. [ATTACH] Eleven Stereo Music Centres ranging in...
Watch the video especially the bit about the use of "rare earth" magnets, which were a massive improvement over the ones that were used before. My...
Absolutely In fact if you look at the video I posted in this thread http://stereo2go.com/forums/threads/40th-anniversary-of-the-walkman.4546/ the...
Interesting to see this small Hitachi. Back in the 1980s one of my managers had a very small HiFi which I recalled being a Hitachi but I couldn't...
I have an AJ-490 or a very similar box in storage. It is an unusual design with all the controls below the deck and speakers.
Yes. The various names are explained in the Wikipedia article. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walkman I had read before that people in Sony didn't...
In the U.K. it was the opposite. I think the only time I have seen an Apple II was in a museum. The PET and TRS80 were both quite popular in...
We never had anything that advanced. I recall taking a cutting from the Sunday Times about the launch of the PET in 1977 into school to show the...
An explanation of the Alien connection [MEDIA]
A "gated community background music source" rather than a "Ghetto Blaster" :wink2 Somehow the music on this video seems so appropriate for such a...
As the diagram shows that is the model with speakers built into the sides as well as the front. Like a Kaboom but years before JVC had the same idea.
Seeing a 1978 advert for Casio made me seek out this one. [ATTACH] The first Casio plastic/resin watch and my birthday present back in 1978. I...
I have got to like that, after buying a CFS45L (the European version with Longwave) new back in 1980. It cost me about two weeks wages and was...
Do you get their cars in the U.S.A. ?...
Separate names with a comma.