A great collection, although you you can keep going. I will always associate 1970s Philips cassettes with this design (pictures taken from Ebay)...
The TV Band where FM should be is a Japanese oddity which wouldn't make any sense for a product sold outside of Japan. 88 to 108MHz FM is normal...
The nostalgia is strong with all those names. I am surprised Bentall's is still going. When John Lewis in Bristol moved to a new out of town...
Welcome. Back in the 1970s and 1980s when things like the Super Woofers were still on the drawing board I used to collect old valve (tube) radios....
I expect people will have heard of the Virgin brand, which nowadays is associated with Air and Rail travel, cable TV, and even space tourism. That...
Personally I have used the grease sold for use on Radio Control cars on the basis that it should be safe to use on plastics.
Have you tried cleaning and lubricating the rails the laser slides on? That is one of the most common problems with CD players that use that type...
It is often what bands the radio has. Seeing high end boomboxes with just AM and FM bands looks strange to us in the U.K. Having at least four...
That is an interesting Sanyo advert. In the Selfridges catalogue listing I posted earlier it lists the Stereo decoder for the suitcase style...
Having gone looking for Picture Discs in general on eBay, I now know how many Samantha Fox ones there are. Given that before she released this as...
Giving Samantha a spin at 45RPM :wink2:knockout: Having heard bad things about picture discs I was surprised by how good the sound quality is....
Welcome. If that is your Honda CBX you must be well into the 1980s.
Welcome. It would be possible to have large collection of Boomboxes, Radios, and Personal Stereos made in Hong Kong. Earlier in the week I was...
I think the seller has provided too many photos to tempt me to bid but this is cool. [ATTACH]...
The difference was that once you had bought your stereo, or finished paying it off there was no significant future expenditure other than a tiny...
In 1985 a Singapore Dollar was worth about 90p...
Here are two of the same models in the 1973 Selfridges catalogue. [ATTACH] That advert is rather special to me as my late Mother bought the same...
Not that I know of. It is rather a "because we can" product. Of course there were dozens of pocket TVs from at least half a dozen manufacturers....
Thanks for finding these. Regarding eBay listings the http://stereo2go.com/forums/threads/cool-stuff-for-sale-mega-thread.3023/page-36 is mainly...
Does this count ? [MEDIA] Some more info about the real watch and the imagined James Bond version...
Separate names with a comma.