Some of the custom made SONY ICs can be sourced for repairing the walkmans. But I'll give a simple example, the notorious CX20084 used in many...
I do remember the gigahertz race with CPUs. That is a much more complex matter, as the specific arhitecture of the CPU will matter to a...
I undertand what you are stating and I agree: doing measurements is not important for the end user. And he/she shouldn't need to do any...
I agree with the fact the a particular device should sound good to the ears of the listener. But at the same time, meeasurements (being it...
I think unless a frequency response measurement is done on both Groove and MegaBass, a clear answer would be harder to find as not all technical...
The DD11 service manual specifies a wow&flutter of 0.15% WRMS. Given the similarity between DD1, DD10 and DD11, I can assume there could not be a...
From the genealogy perspective, it should be there because it is clearly related. I didn't say to remove it, just stating that in real life, it...
Given how this device is constructed, I won't consider it a DD unit, although a DD system is used, but not for driving the capstan directly....
What do you mean by off-center center gear ? Let me clarify things by stating the possibilities that I see: 1. The shaft on which the center gear...
@Raul Because the motors themselves would have to be custom made and specifically tailored to this application: very thin coils and PCB...
A perfect walkman should have the following features from my point of view: - metal case which is resistant to scratching and also can be...
@RTB It's a nice looking design ! Do you happen to have the service manual for it ? I want to check if it has a magnetic clutch and add it to the...
Can't say anything about that, as I never used Ladda. But even the genuine Eneloop Pro that I have used and use are certainly nothing spectacular...
I remember seeing a video showing the Eneloop Pro were also sold under a different brand, much cheaper but were practically the same exact...
@mclovingr There can be a number of reasons causing a loud humming sound and vibration, but the first that comes to mind is the motor itself, as...
From my experience, most SONY devices (not just the D6C) have an imbalance between their Dolby (playback) levels. When I adjust with a proper...
The white gear next to the idler tire is held in place with a C clip, not a washer. I marked another 3 C clips which can be better seen for...
@Lanny Hale The washers that are not cut can be removed in 2 ways: 1. Cut one side of it with a scalpel or x-acto knife. Be careful and do the cut...
I like how the EX-508 has its buttons on one side. It reminds me of the WM-7, which is probably one of the first full logic walkmans and also one...
I agree with the fact that grease should only be added where it was from the factory. Have seen a YouTube channel (LivingAnalog), in which the guy...
Separate names with a comma.