If the walkman had correct tape speed before the repair and you only used it on batteries, I would exclude a burnt servo. Most likely one of the...
First, in regard to the plastic slider: it's unlikely you can repair that one, I suggest posting in the "Gear that you want" section and ask for a...
This thread covers how to repair a common issue found in all DD walkmans that use a center-gear type mechanism. The problem manifests the...
As I said, made a recording on a cassette (the recording was done a unit with very low wow&flutter, to exclude it from the equation) and played...
You don't need to find a replacement, you simply cut the led part if it's a module with both IR LED and phototransistor and solder an SMD IR LED...
Yes, check the IR LED with a camera (you need to see a purple light), if that's not emitting the mechanism will likely loop from that as well,...
I have a theory, but cannot confirm it because I don't have the service manual. Some of these walkmans use a resistor ladder to sample the...
I agree with your conclusion, it's likely the clutch in the reverse/REW table reel that does not have enough grip. That would also explain the low...
I have looked carefully at the videos provided, the only one that seems to point in some direction is the one in English. What has catched my...
@CDV A very comprehensive response ! In regard to WRMS/peak value, it's up to you to decide if the article should be updated or not. My position...
This is the auto-stop mechanism ? [ATTACH] It's interesting that the mech looks to be a more complex variant of the Tanashin-type mechanism....
These measurements seem to be off: takeup torque should be similar on both FWD and REV, and more likely closer to 30-40 g x cm. Back tension...
@CDV I have read again you article on Medium: it's great, probably the best wow&flutter reference to read out there. There is nothing wrong with...
@Stevedean The TC-153SD is very likely to be working if it's described as working. However, being a very old unit, expect it might need new belts...
I remember reading about this problem before, but no clear explanation was given on how to solve it. I recently repaired a D6C that was having...
What frequency does the noise has ? It's 50Hz mains hum or it is higher frequency ? Are you using the unit on batteries or on a mains power supply...
Does the buzzing noise pitch change if you put the unit in play and keep the takeup reel from rotating with your hand ?
@CDV Your measurements have confirmed what has been stated before by @Simon Green: the original belts that came with these walkmans were better...
You can download the service manual here: https://freeservicemanuals.info/en/servicemanuals/viewmanual/Panasonic/RQX11/
I think with most modern headphones and IEMs (which have a V-shape frequency response), you won't loose anything. Even with headphones with a more...
Separate names with a comma.