You are right about the first two points but (as far as the UK is concerned) the porn story is a complete myth. Due to cost and reliability most...
Welcome A little tip that I give new members is that Google search works far better than the search facility on the site. It took me about five...
There is a picture of him in this article which I posted in an earlier thread...
I guess he regrets that Philips didn't have the idea earlier. I guess very people knew about the Stereobelt and many of those who did probably...
They are off again. I suspected that all the new Russian members weren't genuine.
This was on our evening news towards the end. Lou Ottens, inventor of the cassette tape and a CD pioneer has died aged 94 Read more at...
I think the white tracks are actual tracks. In the photo just above the blue switch I can also see a printed resistor. Both of these features will...
I recall when people used to jokingly refer to Japan as "The Land of the Rising Yen". In the mid 1980s it seemed that all the electronics I was...
That should be easy to fix. Buy a reel of thin tinned copper wire and put pieces on the tracks anywhere there might be a break and solder at both...
That looks to be tiny. Have a look at this at 4:19 and you can see the earlier version in a Panasonic catalogue and a description of how they were...
I was going to say Spambots, like we have been having so many problems with recently. Looking at the "members online in past 4 hours" there is...
Techmoan's video, linked to above, shows him playing a 12" LP. The arm does have to be swung out about 140 degrees to the arm rest just above the...
Panasonic kept revisiting this idea until CDs had well and truly taken over [MEDIA] and some 1980s models including one my Father bought....
Some good Chiptunes and Synthwave on the "CDs" [ATTACH]
The Sanyo looks as if it was designed by the same team that designed this, maybe using some of the same parts. [ATTACH]...
That stretches the definition of Boombox. This one doesn't :wink2 [ATTACH]...
It is the same as this. One day I will have to make a video of my as this video is basically just the built in demo . [MEDIA] Mine was bought in...
Many Amps deliberately Mute the audio for the first second or so to avoid a thump in the speakers at switch on. If it is getting excessive I know...
Yes. These are the computers I still have although some haven't been powered up for at least ten years 1980s purchases ZX81 - Bought as a kit...
Bought the download. I recently donated some money which they owed me for commission sales to Brighton Toy and Model Museum as they are in a...
Separate names with a comma.