370 euros for one in mint condition with original box is a good price, but it depends on what the fault it. If it's something easily fixable, or...
The first thing that I would consider is where did you source your replacement chip from, as there are many counterfeit CX20084 available from...
@Silverera I do agree with you on the fact that there is no definitive cut off number: one of the info indicating this are the first pages of the...
In order to measure current, you need to connect your multimeter in series with the power supply/batteries. If you choose to do the measurement...
An assorted bag of 20-30 good quality belts would likely cost more than $50, although I didn't see any packs like this for sale. At that point...
The later series (as indicated by SONY's service supplement 2 attached) did have an entirely different PCB: double sided, mostly SMD components,...
Hello and welcome to the forum, @Moon_man157 ! I was also born in the late 80s and the reason I'm interested in this vintage audio devices is...
Given you say you chose a "slightly smaller" belt than the original one makes me think you used a belt from a generic pack of many belts (I'm...
DISC WOBBLE PROBLEM: After enjoying the player for a while, I discovered a second problem: the CD had a considerable amount of wobble (about...
I recently purchased my second Discman, a SONY D-150 that was sold as untested at a low price. After receiving the unit, I start disassembling it...
Be careful as there is a risk of damaging the PCB if too much heat is applied. The 2 switches on the top (marked TAPE and ATS) are plastic and can...
There are a couple of solder joints that need to be desoldered in order to remove the PCB (as there are in all WM-EX series). I marked what's...
The unit looks really nice ! The goldish color really catches the eye ! I am tempted to believe the Western/Eastern Germany thing because in the...
It is a press fit, you just need to press the reels back onto their shafts. It might be necessary to open the unit in order to counterhold the...
The dot on the board is the positive, it would have been obvious if you looked at the pictures on the first page.
Oh, I see how you placed the battery holder now that you put pictures. You would have to keep it in a strange position to make contact with the...
Ok, I have a clearer picture of what the situation is now. The fact that you run the unit without the bottom cover can't cause the servo to go...
The typical symptoms are motor running at much higher speed than normal, very high wow&flutter and the motor running even when the unit is...
I feel exactly like you about restoring those TC-D5s, mostly because it's one of the best portable recorders ever made. The only one in the same...
The units I have seen all had the rubber with cracks on the surface and getting hard. The unit I have in my personal collection (a TC-D5M) has...
Separate names with a comma.