You mis-read that. Italian cars have a reputation here for being temperamental and unreliable. Lancia developed such a bad reputation for falling...
Techmoan has done quite a few videos on how new audio formats, DAT and then Minidisc were frowned upon by the big record companies who did their...
That was a stunning buy. The automotive equivalent would be getting one of those old Maclaren F1s, undriven, for £3400. I needed the internet and...
As I have said before I don't like the concept of streaming. Since getting it with the launch of Windows 7 I have been impressed by Windows...
I'm not 100% sure. Matsushita thought the SL1200 and the whole Technics brand was finished. Having scrapped all the tooling they had to start...
I wonder if this was the very first CD Boombox. The article implies it was. Although I was well aware of CDs in 1986 they were the equivalent of...
Carpet underlay wrapped into a spiral. That is what I have used in the past. How long it is will determine how big a hole you get in the middle.
I think the idea of TV Tuners in Stereos etc was to get better sound. Back then most TVs had Live Chassis so couldn't be connected to anything but...
I think if I got on Spotify I would spend my time looking for what isn't there. I also don't like the idea that Ed Sheeran and Adele would...
When it comes to CDs I have bought them in Charity Shops knowing I have them already (somewhere). When you see a copy an album you paid £13 for...
On the radio I was taking about I eventually managed to drill the head off the screw. That was when I could remove the back and see what had...
With that box it should be Walkman biscuits, not cassettes :wink2
Is it as annoying as when you go to undo a screw and the pillar has snapped off from the cabinet, but the PCB is still retaining it, so fifty...
In the early days of CD Writers buffer-underuns leading to "coasters" was a recurring problem. USB1 wasn't all that fast either which probably...
What an interesting thread, which I am now reviving. Techmoan has revisited DCC recently. The most interesting bit was that DCC had the ability...
I enjoyed looking through @TooCooL4 's collection and seeing which Albums I have and which I would like. ABBA Greatest hits Vol 1 and 2 were...
That is true. Before bidding on the Panasonic (for which I was the only bidder at a start price of £8.50) I spotted this one when it was £19.50...
Having bought it on DVD some years ago, mainly because it was filmed at the College I went to, I have just watched the very first episode of...
I am pleased with the Multi-Colour Panasonic. It comes in a number of patterns. I posted a picture of one that I missed further up the thread. As...
I have finally got a Panasonic RF-422 for the collection, which came in the original (but tatty) box. Radio Museum dates this one to around 1987,...
Separate names with a comma.