In my experience maybe 30% of people understand collecting and 30% find it very strange. Something that has stuck in my mind was on The Antiques...
I wonder how much the radio cost. Quite a lot given the fancy case it case in...
You would have had to go there anyway to get your film developed. The only digital camera available back then was a Kodak costing $20000 which...
In a recent thread Derek Marshall commented that he had never been in a Laskys HiFi store. Back in the 1980s the one in Bristol was one of the...
A friend has just pointed out how similar the second unit looks to one of the Kodak Photo CD Player...
The Power Cd has its own Wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerCD I have spent the last 20 minutes looking for the model above but...
My first "portable" player a Sanyo wouln't even work upside down. I still recall an instructor trying to use a no name PCDP for a line dancing...
Talking of collecting I saw this article today about someone who had 3000 cameras https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53821146 Of course unlike...
And that was the initial problem with portable CDs, and Minidisc. In his Minidisc retrospective Techmoan pointed out that the battery life of the...
Since it is in the Sears catalogue that is the Sears version. In fact looking through the entire catalogue the only branded items I have spotted...
Still over twice the price of the Sears TV Microcassette Boombox and 15 times the price of a Microcassette Dictation machine. Sorry about the poor...
According to Techmoan Minidisc was still stiffled in the USA. It was actually quite popular here in the UK with him being a big fan [MEDIA]
An interesting experiment and results. I wonder if the difference was that 3 seconds could be stored uncompressed or with little compression...
Maybe some very late ones. If you do the maths, 44100 16 bit samples x stereo means you would need about 176Kbytes of RAM to store each second of...
Personally I like the newer players like the D-E220. Do you realise that ESP can degrade the sound quality as the audio isn't kept in the memory...
Here is one for Mister X. Is there an AKA ? [ATTACH] https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-stereo-audio/5-tv-radio-cassette-player-vintage-/1382819131
Academy was one of several small companies trying to compete against the tier 2 manufacturers like Amstrad or Binatone. I'm not sure where they...
Since the TPS'L2 and even the WM2 appear to be based on dictation machines I wonder if this was the first "clean sheet" personal stereo design....
A similar concept to that kickstarter clip on player that was never going to work. On this one I see a capstan (70) and a reel hub (74). It isn't...
I would go for something that works. In fact of the first two if one could be demonstrated as working that would be the one i would choose.
Separate names with a comma.