That is quite a haul. Did you pay much ? After checking where you are I was expecting to see a Samsung and maybe an LG and wasn't disappointed.
Aldi seem to get a Boombox (Squeakbox ?) in ready for Father's Day each year. We discussed their last model a couple of years ago here...
1) Is your husband into such gadgets ? If not I wouldn't bother 2) If he is do you think he, or someone he knows would be better at fixing it ?...
I think that today was supposed to be Lets Rock Southampton, with OMD headlining this year. Obviously that didn't happen and it has been postponed...
That is why I was trying to think of some generic problem that could have happened to all three. Unfortunately bits are far more difficult to...
A colleague got it right when he said there is a "nostagia wave". Loads of people around 50 can now afford to buy the gear they lusted after as...
I wonder if the CPUs have forgotten their programs. In the early 1990s at work we got samples of the first Altera in circuit programmable CPLDs....
Unless you are colour blind, the majority of through hole components can be identified from their markings. You have already mentioned resistor...
Have you tried https://www.serviceandusermanuals.com/philips.html The 70CD555 service manual is listed there. Not a site I have ever tried before...
I was about to say I get lost with transistor circuits like that, although looking at the voltages it is fairly obvious there should be 7.25V...
That is getting adventurous changing the processor and rewriting the software. Are you sure that all the inputs to the original processor were...
Spot on [ATTACH] I love looking through old catalogues and have 30GB of scans here on the hard drive. That one was on a DVD similar to this...
That sounds like an absolute bargain. This is what Sears were offering in 1988 [ATTACH] At the same time UK retailer Argos didn't have a single...
Welcome. A "Superscope - by Marantz" Boombox was the very first stereo box I ever saw here in the U.K. Way beyond what I could afford at the time...
I thought we had discussed this before (everyone else has) but can't find the reviews. It seems likely that it will be a $15 cassette player with...
Welcome. Was your Philips made in Austria? Many of their radio cassettes, like my Philips Roller 2, were. Unfortunately, many Philips cassette...
I think he would have done better adding a headphone socket to a portable 8 track player...
I'm not sure if you know, but normally the Canary Islands are a very popular holiday destination (I've been there five times). Amongst the cafes...
You mean one like this [MEDIA] Panasonic made lots of similar boxes in the 1990s. They weren't cheap. I would guess about £200 one one like...
I was trying to work out what the power bulge on the back was for then realised it is probably for the cassette motor. Of course the innards of...
Separate names with a comma.