Forget your gold plated Calculators and Walkmans :hmmm Another executive toy in a velvet case to show off to other members of the board....
The same height as a cassette, which is why I put one in the photo. To be honest, compared to even a credit card sized calculator, it is too small...
Here is mine, complete with original box. Best described as a Pocket Watch Calculator. I was looking for something more special than mere gold...
I'm glad to hear that it all worked out for Richard. I am not the best person to ask about top end prices. Something I have learnt from my 700+...
I found another interesting site of the subject https://www.xnumber.com/xnumber/redcalcs.htm Although we did get some Soviet made electronics...
In the past I have seen a better webpage comparing the Sharp EL-805 with the Elektronika B3-04. I suspect that any similarity is purely...
Hello Mattias and welcome to Stereo2Go. When I was your age I was fascinated by old valve/tube radios and bought quite a few of them. I wasn't...
That is the one, although I wouldn't pay that. I think they were about £30 new. They were common enough to feature in one of those catalogues that...
Great find. Tektronix invented the triggered oscilloscope (so you can get a static waveform) and are still around today, making test equipment...
In the 1970s calculators created as much excitement as mobile phones did in the noughties. All the major technology companies were working on...
I may have posted these pictures before, but the interesting thing is there is only about ten years difference between these two calculators, both...
I liked this song when I first heard it on the radio. It certainly passes "The Old Grey Whistle Test" for me I just got a big smile watching the...
Not that early. This is a Dixons AKA I have of Sharps second pocket calculator. The six AA rechargables inside add to the size. Unfortunately this...
Except the batteries in Casios usually last several years. I was so excited when Palm announced they were releasing a watch. Then I saw the...
To be fair to Richard, I have may been doing the same thing selling my late Fathers toy trains for the last eleven years, sharing the proceeds...
Yes. A similar house in the same road recently sold for £200000. It shows how difficult it is to give a single figure for inflation. The Bank of...
A few more prices for you from 1986's Littlewoods catalogue. Rather amusing that you could buy your music on the weekly instalments but that was...
Just an existing mp3 player in a TPS-L2 colour scheme would have been nice
You will find some UK prices (as well as many boombox and Walkman adverts) in the Smash Hits Archive...
It depends on what Freshfinds wants. If a CD player and remote control are on his wish list then something more modern than the Sanyo would be...
Separate names with a comma.