I saw some programme once in which they said that marketing and design collude to make each new release look more extreme than the previous one....
I remember when square speakers were the latest and greatest thing back in the mid 1980s. One manufacturer does a succesful marketing campaign and...
while I wouldn't want one, and have bought full size spares for both our cars a space saver is far preferable to a compressor and can of junk...
I remember about 10 to 15 years ago when GF777zs were coming up for sale from China all the time for around £500 including shipping. I also...
I think you might be proved wrong when the PLaystation 5 launches. I have read a couple of times that gaming is bigger than the music and movie...
Those are from the Retromash Site http://retromash.com/argos/ His collection only goes up to 1999. Great for Boomboxes but less so for MiniDisc...
I think the 22 series is mains only which makes sense given the output power. The 10 series can be run from 12V.
After posting scans of all the CD "Discmen" from the 2002 Argos Catalogue I thought I the MiniDisc fans would like to see what was on offer for...
I have just watched this video about a very impressive computer collection her in the UK and thought other people who contributed to the thread...
Mattel made some cool stuff. Check out the Optigan [MEDIA] A Rompler from before the invention of ROM ICs.
Did you check out the prices ? I would guess the Sony Radio would still fetch a decent price. In fact proof that it does and more pictures....
The car was 1984 but fitting the stereo was in 1996. Another activity was filling in all the rust holes in the front valance with plastic padding....
Another thing that has lapsed into history is the ritual of fitting a Radio Cassette in the new girlfriends car. I did that three times. If I say...
Both my 1970s Fords would have had plenty of room, with room the full width of the car under the dashboard. In my MK1 Ford Escort there was plenty...
I found this quite interesting https://www.electronicsweekly.com/blogs/mannerisms/memory-lane/jolly-little-doddle-2019-06/#comment-1193407 In...
The page shown is from the 2002 Argos catalogue. I didn't see your Philips in the years before or after. For completeness here are the other...
The only 21st century Philips equipment I have had was a DVD player which seemed OK while I was using it. At work we have a load of fairly old...
For £1 I would have snapped that up. In fact I am still in that mode with twentieth century calculators. On sale in the Argos Winter 2002...
In the 20th century LEDs weren't really bright enough for backlighting, so if it was fitted manufacturers used power hungry and failure prone...
Separate names with a comma.