Some interesting information on the History of Pye http://www.pyemuseum.org/ As the introduction asks "How can a local company employing 14000...
You are right https://auction.catawiki.com/kavels/21030329-philips-8784-radio-cassette-player
Those illuminated meters look really smart. For those of you outside the UK, Pye was a British company which was taken over by Philips in 1967, so...
I quick look on ebay for suitable mini Systems (although you haven't said what you want to spend)....
Well you could. Howver a couple of things worth considering are Wanting a CD player rules out a large proportion of classic boomboxes, although...
Good luck with the bidding. From what I can make out it has a capstan, which means it should be a big improvement on the Miniature recorder I...
Since you ask, I heard this on the radio for the first time in years a few days ago and it has been on my brain ever since [MEDIA] If anyone is...
With Music and especially Synthesizer Music you have to consider the historical aspect. I quite recently bought Switched on Bach to find out what...
If you like Wendy Carlos check out Tomita. You could say he took the usual Japanese approach of taking other people ideas and then implementing...
I like the styling, and cleaned up it looks like new. I wonder if you could convert it to non-autoreverse by locking the head in one direction -...
Welcome JCHaywire, You certainly have a lot of interests there. I tried to get a Synths thread going here but not much happened....
I think Easthelp has covered about half the options there. Google Panasonic RX Cobra and there must be at least a dozen variants The RX-ED70...
Given my choice of Avatar i don't think I can criticise except to say they cheaped out with the manual cassette deck. However i can believe that...
It is called brand engineering and has been going on for years, although it seems to be more common these days. Search these forums for the term...
I had always thought of them as a copy of the Sharp QT12. The graphics on the front certainly is....
Here are the details of the TI terminal....
Interestingly the Radio Shack catalogue shows one of their standard cassette recorders. I guess they thought there was more profit in selling...
Great photos of the repairs. You have an impressive workbench and tool setup there. So are you keeping one (or both) after all that effort ? I am...
Data backup. [ATTACH] For the full manual look here. http://sharppocketcomputers.com/4HK7JnFJDuVm/Op/ce125_op_manual.pdf Probably the most...
There is a TV Programme "The Antiques Roadshow" in which people can take in their Antiques to find out more about them and to get valuations. The...
Separate names with a comma.