Companies have to be careful with names especially for a worldwide market as this article shows:...
Welcome. Now you need the Cylindrical one to go with it :wink2...
I think that is something that has got lost in translation. cocky1 ˈkɒki/ adjective adjective: cocky; comparative adjective: cockier; superlative...
Well worth the effort. I wonder if it was Madonna's [MEDIA] or Gaga's [MEDIA]
Neither. Bristol where I grew up. Thinking about it what is now B&Ms used to be Currys, with PC World next door until the two stores were combined...
Next door to Currys is B&Ms. They had « Akai » DVD players and loads of « Goodmans » stuff with « Established 1925’ on the boxes. Like me they...
I was in Currys on Friday and noticed this JVC...
As people have already commented look locally. I have bought several boomboxes and personal stereos for under £15 at what we call Car boot sales....
Seems to be working for me https://www.vintagecassette.com/ Not the site I was thinking of though.
To mark what may be the end of AV from Phlips I thought I would do a list of some of their innovations: First Glass based valves (crucial to the...
That has annoyed me too. However, I think you will find that Vauxhall had some input into the design process. After all they kept the Astra name...
Thanks for that. It is a lot earlier than I expected. I wonder how many of the companies doing the research ever made a return on their...
I think almost all the manufacturers were caught out by how quickly the price of Flat Screen TVs fell. By flat screen I mean the ones less than...
This morning after reading the Superscope thread I did a bit of Googling and found a What Hi Fi article about them and Marantz....
APLD = Automatic Program Locate Device APPS = Auto programme search system back in the days when computers ran programs rather than "Apps"...
Somehow, I doubt if the major Manufacturers like Sony ever stopped making Radio Cassette Recorders, in the same way that they have never stopped...
Thanks to Michelle’s amazing work on the old database and Google here is the original thread....
Just don’t plug it into U.K. mains without a step down transformer.
Ever heard of William Edwards Demming ? He was an American whose theories on quality control were adopted by the Japanese years before any other...
Some good news about that: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43458695 Also the original intention was to move the main stations off...
Separate names with a comma.