A (very) poor mans version of the Sharp GF555
What would concern me about longer playing times would be sound quality. K-Tel used to do compilation albums with at least 8 tracks on each side....
We discussed tobacco branded walkmans before http://stereo2go.com/forums/threads/giveaway-question.2065/ You can see pictures of the JPS F1 cars...
I wouldn’t go as far as calling it a “new format” which automtically implies new reproduction equipment is needed. An improved method of mastering...
Thanks for the explanation and photos Ryan, In about 1987 I bought a boxed refurbished "BT Pheonix Phone" Push button trimphone. After using it...
Does anyone else think that the PCB in that unit is a work of art ? Having been involed in PCB designs for the last 39 years, and using Computer...
Similar to the USA The Sony in my Avatar is tuning 87.5 to 108MHz. However, the band was extended upwards so you ocassionally find old radios...
Welcome Ryan I too was admiring the Imac. To me it doesn’t seem that long since they came out and saved Apple from bankruptcy. How times have...
Thanks for posting. I think you are both looking at the brochure through twenty-first century eyes. Back at the end of end of the 70s clock...
I always think of Bosch as being green https://www.argos.co.uk/search/bosch-drill/
They were definitely into funky colours and designs in the 1970s, except for large TVs which came in wood finish boxes (apart from the white ones...
I wonder how much it would have cost to buy all those parts as spares from a VW dealer :wink2 Probably, several times the cost of a new car :nodding:
I wonder who their target market is. I had a look on the Dixons website at the reviews for the Sony available here (reviewed in th Techmoan video)...
The reason you find so many Charity shops in the UK is that they get an 80% discount on their rates (property taxes), and various other perks such...
I thought the Hi-Res part is all about marketing. Ten years ago you could buy a Panasonic DVR which amongst other things would upscale your VHS...
From what I have read the idea of HD Radio is to give better quality than standard FM. Whatever the original intention of DAB was, in the UK it...
When they are making cassettes the standard procedure is to make a C-Zero or C0 with leader tape between the two reels. The leader is then cut in...
As you suggest, a lot of the time the problems are caused by management over-confidence (and thats putting it in a polite way). The first time I...
On many items I agree. For something I will soon post about I needed a 2.5mm to 3.5mm stereo adapter. I got two from China for 99p including...
Well it is definitely "Low Noise" but is "Low Signal" as well.:thumbsdown: Can you see if there is a leader in there ? I saw / read somewhere...
Separate names with a comma.