Having read many times about the imminent collapse of Radio Shack (which from their website does seem to still be trading), last week the UK...
Another thought about this. See if you can undo the units and see how easy it is to do things like change belts. My recent experiences. Old...
Get well soon Nick. Ebay sellers are relying on you to bid against Northener who by the sound of it is currently snapping up the bargains.
The pinchroller is the rubber wheel that presses against the tape. The capstan is the metal shaft that goes though the tape and revolves. The two...
Another one which applies to CDs as well. No regional encoding. A cassette or CD made anywhere in the world will play on a player made or sold...
I wonder how much that cost when it was new. In the 1982 Dixons catalogue I recently posted pages from, the JVC portable video system was £1150...
I have to admit I wasn't expecting the VCR in there as well. In my garage (never tried) is a Sony Trinicon video camera something like this...
A video camera to go with your V-Cord
The D8444 was photogenic enough to make the front cover as well [ATTACH] The file I am using is dated 1982/83 but I can't find any date in the...
As two people have mentioned the D8444 in the past week I thought they would like to see this (last seen on the old forum). [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
I was looking through some old adverts at lunchtime and likes this one from Amstrad re-emphasised my point about prices....
I don't know about Tariffs. They wouldn't explain why the TRS80 and Commodore Pet (both American machines from the same era) were far more popular...
I disagree to an extent. Lets look at the 1999 Argos Catalogue. [ATTACH] Four of the 6 personal cassette players on this page have Dolby...
Lupogtiboy I had one of those P500s given to me in the early 1990s before home internet and Ebay. I'm not sure if it worked and with no software...
I don't think we ever got VCord in the UK. Before VHS / Betamax if you could afford a VCR you bought a Philips N1500. A couple of pre-VHS...
That is an impressive collection. Surprisingly I have two models you don't have Sinclair ZX81 (bought from new -in fact in the Sinclair...
In the same 1974 magazine as the small Bush cassette player was this Polydor advert. [ATTACH] "Not for record buyers" "exclusive to owners of...
That is a very interesting thread. A shame we can't add to it so I will add here. Transwave 5000 commented "These look like a car stereo under...
A nice box and some nice photos. You could tell the age of the photos from the cars. The orange one in the 1977 photo is a Fiat 127, last made in...
Since I mainly listen to oldies stations these days I heard this for the first time on the way home [MEDIA] I almost had to pull over and stop...
Separate names with a comma.