I can't find them on the Argos website (although they are still selling Cassette Recorders). However, for quite a few years they were selling...
Interesting. We went on holiday to Tokyo back in 2006, visiting most of the places in the film Lost in Translation. [ATTACH] At the time this...
News reports said the same picture sold for £45 in the 1950s. That was about the same as a TV or Radiogram back then ! As with anything supply...
A good trade and wow what a shop. I have to wait at traffic lights each morning next to two antique shops and I have never noticed anything of...
Some very good points. A colleague accurately described it as a "Nostalgia Wave". The same colleague who imported a 1970s Korg MS20 synthesizer...
Thanks for sharing the photos. The funny thing is I have loads of Sony Gear Six Boomboxes Four Discmans Four Walkmans Five Shortwave Radios Two...
The thing I find strange from some of the comments is that you could buy a new Sony Walkman Cassette player in the UK as late as 2011. [ATTACH]...
One photo for two threads. [IMG] Listening to Laura Branigan "Hold Me" cassette on my JVC mini system. The album has some interesting cover...
I guess one factor is that people had other priorities for their money sixteen years ago. Thinking about how many photos people put on this site,...
Looking around some time ago I found pictures of a GF777 fitted with Alpine speakers...
Tempting is one answer. To be more technical it is a Multiband Radio. The rotating antenna on the top allows you to get maximum signal on MW...
I found a nice picture of the two (Pink and Blue)...
ianthepostie asked for some pictures of inside the Sanyo MGP600D so here they are. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Years of sunlight have aged this one...
Not so new. Having not found anything similar in the Argos catalogue I realised the video was two years old. For those who couldn't make it to the...
Weird on how there are two almost identical pictures on the Argos page. The first one doesn't say Bush but the second one does. Perhaps they just...
The only Hi Fi where the Headphone socket is bigger than the controls ! I like these Bonsai style HiFis. In the mid 1980s one of our managers had...
During the 1960s Bush produced their own radios, such as the classic TR82 http://www.bbc.co.uk/ahistoryoftheworld/objects/AlewaV2BRPiNbthQKrFIUw...
I hope she appreciates all the effort you have put into this. A couple of weeks ago I was browsing through records and CDs in a charity shop and...
It looks very similar (but not quite the same) as item 16 in this page from the 1974 Argos catalogue. [ATTACH] A bargain at £35.95. According to...
Interesting article. Since value for money is one factor the QR27E isn't such a strange choice. I disagree with the authors definition of...
Separate names with a comma.