Thanks for the explaining what the box does. If I had looked more carefully "Line Level to Phono Input Adapter" is written on the picture on the...
Yes. I was most surprised to see the Dixons catalogue scans on the home page. I hope everyone else likes them.
It should be easy enough to get one. I looked on Ebay and there were 199 listings. Looked on Amazon and there were loads as well e.g...
Is the battery the same as the Sony Gumstick ? If so you can get copies for just £4....
My sister bought the Sharp QT-50(P) purely on the looks as soon as it came out. After seeing an advert my Father was asked to buy one on the way...
Is it working correctly ? The latest four pictures by Retro followed by four from myself aren't showing up in it. When it works it is good....
Are both decks equally worn ? Re the tuning AFC (Automatic Frequency Control) is supposed to keep the FM properly tuned if the Radio drifts...
A classy looking box back from the days when Boots "the Chemist" aspired to be a department store. They were actually quite into Records, Tapes...
I like the looks of that Akai AJ-557. It is more colourful than the children's Sony. You certainly got a good variety of tapes in that box with...
It sounds to be interesting, although it is a bit worrying that an era most of us remember well is now being treated as history. There again my...
Funai appear to still be going strong and recently were the very last manufacturer to stop making VCRs....
I assume someone must be buying these today...
I just found and watched this new interesting video about the techniques some companies used to improve duplication of pre-recorded cassettes at...
A really nice collection. I'm glad you included a shot of the Marantz with it's drawer open, showing the radial swinging laser pickup which was...
Thanks for the interesting reply Nick. I guessed that you worked in Electronics repair. When I was at college (starting 1978) the classroom next...
Interesting stuff although the prices are way beyond "thift store" prices. In fact some seem to be as much as the equivalent new products from the...
When DCC was launched I thought that they had the backwards compatibility the wrong way round. So having bought your expensive DCC deck you could...
Good to hear that you managed to work out what the problem was and then fix it. It is very satisfying when you get something that was broken...
Back from the days when being able to afford a CD player for your Hi-Fi system and a separate Portable unit would have meant you were very rich....
Earlier in the month we were on holiday in Costa Teguise in Lanzarote. Anyone who has been to the Canary isles (I have been to Tenerife as well)...
Separate names with a comma.