It took a long time but I finally found a Hitachi TRK-1100H! I found an ad for this, from 1972, posted down in the newspaper ad thread, and...
Nice! That looks cool!
We mostly had camera stores with a huge no-touch policy for kids, then around four appliance stores, these were big boxes (like Best Buy) that had...
Sorry I can't help you but it reminds me of when ARKAY used to talk of the 2nd hand stores in Hong Kong and he was always finding cool, very high...
Seiko 1969 with an alarm! [ATTACH]
Seiko from 1969, it looks like this watch goes for big money now. [ATTACH]
It's interesting seeing where all the portable advertising was done, Sony, Panasonic (National) and Sanyo definately put a ton of money in it...
Rolling Stone 1980, there's some cool stuff on here but 90% of it is what we consider "mid-fi" today. What is the tape deck Herb Alpert has? It...
I've noticed a book on athletic shoes has just been put out with some media attention, maybe they were reading this thread? Airwalk 1996, the...
You may have heard my story, my slightly older next door neighbor (one of the smartest person's I've known), would come back from EE college and...
I've never soldered on the small stuff except for wires, they tend to get put on the shelf cue while I work on the big stuff. This summer I've...
Just found this little guy from 1972, the Toshiba RT-293F. This very old boombox is not on the wikiboombox!!!! [ATTACH]
Dual antennas always look good! I'm a big fan of the mid-size boomboxes, they don't get a ton of respect but if you line them up, they are close...
Flea market this weekend, cross your fingers, maybe I'll find something cool, last month was a bust with zero anything... Derek, you might want...
It gives me hope, he also has CJ (cassette jockey) horizontal dual decks! The cassette deck/DVD might be the hybred that would have set the...
I'm in like Flynn! What's not to like, gold plating, dual spectrum STROBE VU lights, awsome! The little nAKAI Boombox looks very promising.
I have a pretty big collection of AIWAs including a really old portable turntable from the 60s. They always seemed to be a little more...
The power supply is huge and it's 13.5 volts, center pin negative. The unit would be 2x as big if we included the power brick. My theory is they...
aiwa XP-300 from 1996 [ATTACH]
Magnavox CD Player, they all started looking like this around 1996 [ATTACH]
Separate names with a comma.