The Sony WM-FS593 on the left is one of the nicer ones, this one also has a metal latch with trendy holes in it and really small control buttons....
One of my first threads years ago was my growing Sports Model Walkman Collection. I always loved these and used to find them all the time at the...
It's a really nice box for the time, all those cool knobs, meters and switches. Pricing was probably store price = $150.00 USD and a $30-50...
Sony TCD-D3 Walkman DAT Player from 1991. $850, these were very expensive and ongoing copywrite litigation pretty much buried them for the US...
The Sony D-5 from New York Magazine 1984 with some interesting information on using it as a data drive for computers. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Sony TPS-L2 From New York Magazine, July 7th, 1982 I may have written down the wrong date. [ATTACH]
Here's another thread with some pricing and dates http://stereo2go.com/forums/threads/the-first-walkman-ads.4479/
The Sankei TCR-1000, I was looking for information on Sankyo and this beautiful model from 1977 came up. [ATTACH]
I think most members come and go, the hunt and the storage can be exhausting. If you listen to music on a regular basis, you have to pull out...
Sounds great because we had Jacques Lemaire, he went from Montreal to NJ to Minnesota, welcome to the forum!
Welcome! Most of these units need a new belt and that can be as easy as popping the back cover to as hard as having to unsolder some wires to...
Welcome back! You had so many portables in all of those great colors, it gave me a added energy to try and find something other than the grey,...
Now that's a setup that puts a smile on my face, beautiful equipment autoreverser, thanks for posting!
I'd say a kid was messing around with it, I can kind of forgive the pinched wires but the broken wires is weird. I'd attach everything back and...
I've seen a ton of these home studio broadcasts, I love checking out the backdrop and none of these clowns has a stereo! Personally I think the...
Even though they weren't Hi Fi, some of those are super nice looking, I'd rather have some of those hanging on the wall than a lot of things. At...
Beautiful player, I'm a sucker for the portable 60's turntables in all of the neat colors. The stamped platters are a bummer and the rim drive...
Sony had some neat Sports Model AM/FM Radios, too bad this was when bluetooth was still an enfant way back in 2002. The Walkman SRF-H5, notice...
Thanks for the photos, there's some nice looking tapes in there. Some of those are very desireable. Here's the thread down below, I'd post more...
Nice find!
Separate names with a comma.