Welcome Paul, these little machines were an important part of life to a lot of people. Most were built extremely well and only need a new belt...
I don't have anything that new but I love red, I just have one old Sanyo that's red, the rest are standard issue.
This is posted more for the history buffs, the Ampex Micro 34 Portable Radio Cassette Player. I'm not sure if I've seen this one before, I know...
Progress! It sounds like my experience, weight savings through parts removal. Cars are even more fun when you get it all together and find that...
So this just showed up on Ebay, the Standard SR-311 Portable Cassette Player from 1982. I'm pretty sure Marantz Japan still owned Standard during...
I got one of mine fully taken apart to find a small rubber wheel on the drive motor had turned to goo. It was under a hood and had to be fully...
From Marantz's 1983 Audio Equipment Brochure, these are the only boomboxes and the only real difference is the tuning dial. While the brochure is...
That's a big score! Awesome.
Looks great Reli! It gives a cool box even more POP!
I take a lot of photos, the hardest are the little screws but everything else usually goes back in one spot. I tend to forget a screw and I...
Awesome collection thanks for sharing, I love them all but I wonder why they went to the generic rounded design of the DD9, if it was in a pile of...
I noticed that as well, I'm not versed in electronics but I figured it had something to do with peak power, where batteries strength goes down...
Maybe the Panasonic Way Series? http://www.pocketcalculatorshow.com/walkman/panasonic/ [ATTACH]
Welcome Jamie Flournoy! It's a topic of frustration for music lovers, I've offered vintage systems to friends to upgrade the quality of their...
This might look good setting next to your Walkman Collection...
That looks like a really nice one Philip Tayler, the splice tape is probably goo but it's nice to get that perfect cut on both edges.
This is on Ebay right now if anybody collects these. Not only are the Maxell MX Metal Microcassettes extremely rare but this might be one of a...
TDK SA 1977 [ATTACH]
BASF Studio Series Cassette 1977 [ATTACH]
Fuji Cassette Tapes from 1977, Fuji was big into photography film and you can tell they really put a lot of color in this ad, it's beautiful....
Separate names with a comma.