For the person that almost has everything, the AKAI Tape Splicer. These hold the overlapped broken tape, and takes a clean cut. The operator...
Hello Shane, finding the exact replacement might take awhile, Ebay is your best source unless someone on the forum has a spare. I'd also check...
The tape repair kits were very nice, even the cheap ones.
Hello luke randall, I'm facinated by your journey, can you take some photos and post them? I'm surprised Terry's didn't offer you a metal axel...
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Hopefully everyone is ok, I'm doing what I do best, solitary manual labor and a lot of paper-work. I've found parts of the Marantz Service...
Thanks, that's interesting, it has so little information, maybe AIWA rushed production to have something at the consumer electronics shows. It...
Just mono, I think the only stereo Sonys are the M-80, M-1000 and the M-50, too bad your not closer, I have a handful that came with other units I...
quaz30, your cornering the market, the AIWA HS-M2 is extremely rare, what a great find! Did it come with the even more rare AIWA Metal Microcassette?
Welcome Rene, portables can provide a lot of enjoyment, listening, fixing or displaying. Show us what you pick up.
I hope all are doing ok, I know most of you have zero interest in this thread but I'm battened down in my bunker trying to stay motivated and I'm...
I'm assuming you know the part is PA, it could be something else, nylon is going to be tough, unfortunately I haven't worked with plastics in 16...
Audio Magazine put out this article December 1992 on The Mechanics of Sony's MiniDisc. Also from AmericanRadioHistory.com Leonard Feldman wrote a...
From the great www.AmericanRadioHistory.com Website [ATTACH]
Welcome Paolo! Hope your staying safe over there!
Phil Wood, there's some tricks of the trade with the small delicate tape deck mechanisms. When removing circlips, put the post and clip in a...
Car stereos are cool, guys are buying the full stack and making home mini-stereos out of them. Nakamichi's tend to go for much more, or try to....
Unisefs have nice build quality and make nice shelf queens but for some reason they didn't make a splash in the market even though they were an...
I've read a lot on minidisc lately, it had so much potential but they really didn't let it loose. In the early 90's a CD recorder was several...
That Sears Unit I posted awhile back was one of the best looking ones, I haven't been dazzled by the others.
Separate names with a comma.