[ATTACH]
The higher end models would point out case construction. [ATTACH]
Some more TDK SA Series, they spent a ton on advertising especially for these, Some of these had really nice looking packaging, they seem very...
I think in the later days the buyers were students in repair that wanted to learn how the equipment was put together.
That little Sanyo isn't bad looking, the wood-grain on the Viking hasn't aged well.
Portable CD Players 1991 from Le Haut Parleur [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
The Nakamichi 550 Field Recorder from High Fidelity 1975 [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
KLH Solo from Billboard 1984. This is a nice model but by 1984 it was considered a brick compared to the new Sony & AIWA Offerings. [ATTACH]
Citizen CBM-1000 Portable CD Player from 1988 Stereo Review [ATTACH]
Sweet! My local hobby store never had this stuff, but we did have the Corgi's to check out in the big display case.
Welcome to the forum LTVariety! Yes the SK-757 is somewhat rare but they do pop up for sale from time-to-time. Pioneer made some iconic...
While not a "boombox" without a radio, the AIWA TP-1004 was close and even looks like a more modern boomer with stereo speakers. This is from...
This is from HiFi Stereo Review August of 1967, the Norelco L573 is featured. Check out the AIWA Auto Tape Deck below it. [ATTACH]
Who want's to see some of the grand-daddies? Believe it or not Concord was there in the beginning, this is from 1969, portable radio cassettes...
AIWA HHB 1 Pro DAT, I'd love to find one of these, from 1991 [ATTACH]
Happy 10th birthday Sony Walkman from Music & Media Magazine 1989. 1,000,000 Walkmans produced a month in 1989! [ATTACH]
Another Music & Media Article from 1993 about DAT, DCC, etc, journalist were big into portable recorders and they wanted the best. [ATTACH]
HHB Communications Portadat PDR1000 from Music & Media 1994. They call them "shoulder-portable" I always thought they were "field recorders."...
I think the Panasonic/Technics Cross-overs were more European, they kept the brands very separate over here. I kind of think the design units...
Beautiful sickly_b, I'll try and post my soon. Personally I thought this was the perfect successor to the cassette tape but they were just too...
Separate names with a comma.