Pioneer Headphones for portable cassette player https://patents.google.com/patent/US4597469A/en?oq=US4597469A [ATTACH]
The Apollo 12 Walkman https://airandspace.si.edu/collection-objects/recorder-audio-cassette-apollo-12 [ATTACH]
Welcome, hopefully you kept some of your collection because tapes are back! I've spent close to 20 years defending my love for the equipment but...
AIWA Portables always had a great reputation in the early days. Sony had some ownership dating back to the late 60's but I've never really heard...
Hello alesde, can you scan or photograph the rest of the catalog?
Welcome Tony, and yes they make great gifts. The nice thing is I can go to any flea market, garage sale or thrift store and still find a bunch of...
I love the Sony FH Series, well built three-piecers where all the switches and buttons have a nice quality resistance and the overall design is...
Found on the Boombox Creators Website, which seems to currently be down. The Vela Discolite's patented lighted speakers....
Here's some Discolite Information fromthe other side of the globe. http://videohit.mobi/results/0000/discolite+boombox/ And a photo of the data...
Those are great finds, I miss hitting the trail and finding cool stuff although I do get out once in a while still.
Yep, found another, I'll try to blend the threads together since this model seems to go for silly money and everybody seems to have a version of...
Yep, a nice little piece of history that probably was used for an exhibit but now will part of it's own exhibit. Good luck finding more, I bet...
I think the Discolite's, Lasonics and Helix's were sold in package deals that anyone could buy. I remember them in two places, big city small...
That's an interesting site, it looks like a well done ebay redirection site. I don't have a problem with it, I like seeing the historical...
Deech has some cool ones up for bid, for discussed reasons they had a lot of cool oddball units over in Greece. I can imagine listening to some...
I'm half tempted to pull the trigger on this one, I'm not familar with Wilco but it's made in Japan, has two antenna, and the four preset FM...
I think there's a thread on the forum with recomended repair services.
Welcome CopyCat, I can do a lot of simple repairs on the units, don't be intimidated by most of them, start with a lower end model and you won't...
Lot's of photos on that site, too bad there's not better descriptions but there is some unique electronics.
Boomboxes are not only coming back physically but also the rendering. Half of the shows around here have a boombox photo or drawing in their ad....
Separate names with a comma.