I've been reading Wikipedia Japan on the history of the electronics manufacturing. The companies seemed to love having a name or slogan so much...
Nice pick-up walkman archive, I have the data-bank/calendar version and there was also a TV version. Casio was coming out with some really neat...
I don't think there's a great future for VHS but I'll have the broadcasting unit so I won't need to hardwire mine and I can play to my Watchmans....
Welcome and keep your eyes open, while the auction sites are getting big dollars these days, there's a ton of cool stuff everywhere just waiting...
I always thought the head had better wear properties since metal tape was much more abrasive. I have to believe that there were certain standards...
Thanks Reli, I can't believe that's 1977, it must weigh a ton and I love the protection bars on the side.
Wow, what a great looking box! I've never seen that one before. It's nice to see some oddballs coming out of the woodwork, hopefully I'll have...
Portable radio receiver with detachable speaker unit Submitted in 1976, this Sony Patent looks like the beginning of the Walkman....
Casio Audio Watch! https://patents.google.com/patent/USD427081S/en?oq=US3943564A [ATTACH]
Magnetic tape head azimuth assembly, from Motorola 1978. If anybody is into digging into tape heads here's a good start....
Grundig body forming personal player. https://patents.google.com/patent/EP0355309A2/en?oq=US3943564A [ATTACH]
The Sony Walkman WM-10? https://patents.google.com/patent/EP0163549A1/en?oq=US3943564A [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Personal audio listening system https://patents.google.com/patent/US4070553A/en?oq=US3943564A [ATTACH]
Exterior structure for cabinet https://patents.google.com/patent/US5139319A/en?oq=US3943564A [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Ward S. Cornelius's Contribution, I'm not sure what he added in 1982 https://patents.google.com/patent/US4535475A/en?oq=US3943564A [ATTACH]
Our local favorite polish is NOVUS. Is there something special about these units? I've never seen one up close. https://www.novuspolish.com/...
You can have a stack of awesome vintage stereo components but everyone will check out the little Walkman sitting on the top first. Great find for...
Russell Industries has a ton of replacement parts for any type of tape deck, TT etc. I haven't used them and the website is from 2001 but I did...
Yep, it's sad when they're missing a button or two.
Find me a box Reli, the ones I'm looking at are under $90.
Separate names with a comma.