Still digging, here's blog with some information on the AIWA R22 Tuner, found on the bigger box. http://nice.kaze.com/av/s-r22.html [ATTACH]
I always wonder if tourists might have left them as well, maybe they could bring them in but the airline wouldn't let them bring them back home....
Between Athens and where Arkay used to hunt it seems like all the awesome high end boxes all gravited over to those two areas. Just finding boxes...
They look aluminum to me, I can see the mold lines on the inside of the handles with a little oxidation...
I think Sony would have still had a chance if the discs would play MP3 but I think I needed to convert mine to the ATRAC Format which seemed like...
These are on the bay right now, I have to believe they were sold as an option and not sold attached to the units. If I had the R22 Full Series...
Separate names with a comma.